Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Home Made

Notices

Old 02-28-2018, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlightboards48 View Post
Here are some pictures in action. Someone feel free to chime in how to rotate images.

If you are using and iPhone to take the photos I have to turn my phone 90 Degrees/ hold it sideways and it fixes that. Can't say that will fix it for android but it's worth a shot.
Old 04-06-2018, 05:40 PM

Not sure if I should have added this to this thread or create a new thread. I can change if needed. I am looking to add power steering and just wanted to run this past you guys before I invest into hoses or making lines.

I have future plans for a separate pump for the loader if needed. Seems to be working fine as is, perhaps this will change once the power steering is added.

Below you will find a flow of my current set up and how I am proposing to set it up as well as an image of the steering I got off a 3206, Axle is from a 1541 (one inch spindle upgrade) I believe.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drawing1.jpg (16.5 KB, 196 views)
Old 04-06-2018, 05:44 PM

Sorry forgot the picture of the steering
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B7F48508-8AE3-40B5-A5C5-8DCBC736C698.jpg (25.8 KB, 197 views)
Old 04-06-2018, 07:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
I have future plans for a separate pump for the loader if needed. Seems to be working fine as is, perhaps this will change once the power steering is added.
It won't change anything.

Quote:
Below you will find a flow of my current set up and how I am proposing to set it up as well as an image of the steering I got off a 3206, Axle is from a 1541 (one inch spindle upgrade) I believe.
That is the correct way to plumb the system. Not sure how well that crank arm off the 3206 will attach to the spindle on the 1541. Probably going to have to make or buy some other parts. (That's an off the cuff comment, without looking to verify any of the components and their interchangeability between the different series.)
Old 04-06-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
It won't change anything.

That is the correct way to plumb the system. Not sure how well that crank arm off the 3206 will attach to the spindle on the 1541. Probably going to have to make or buy some other parts. (That's an off the cuff comment, without looking to verify any of the components and their interchangeability between the different series.)
Thank you Sir for the confirmation. I found a fantastic youtube video that demonstrates the all the plumbing from the valve. There is one additional line that is a return non-pressure that I do not have included above and will have to tie into the return from the loader. I'll re-draw the visio once I confirm everything works, just in case anyone else find themselves in a similar situation.

The lines that come out of the steering valve have a flared ring like an automotive fuel injection line, Is there a tool to make these lines, or can I just cut the existing lines and flair the other end fitting on them?
Old 04-06-2018, 09:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thank you Sir for the confirmation. I found a fantastic youtube video that demonstrates the all the plumbing from the valve. There is one additional line that is a return non-pressure that I do not have included above and will have to tie into the return from the loader. I'll re-draw the visio once I confirm everything works, just in case anyone else find themselves in a similar situation.
I find all the computer drawing stuff.......entertaining to say the least. It's a pretty simple system.... Not worth the time to draw it out on a computer. Hell, I wouldn't even draw it on paper before making it, but whatever helps you. It will work. I promise. But if you need to build it to confirm, whatever.

Quote:
The lines that come out of the steering valve have a flared ring like an automotive fuel injection line, Is there a tool to make these lines, or can I just cut the existing lines and flair the other end fitting on them?
The lines that come out of the steering handpump have those fitting where? On the other end? No.. no, you cannot make those. They are different from automotive fuel injection fittings. BTDT. I thought I could make them because I have the tool. It didn't work. I don't know what kind of fitting they are.

If I was doing this build, I'd make all new lines. I wouldn't try to bend, cut and flare the ones from the other tractor. Make new that fit your machine.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:03 PM

There are 7 lines coming from or going to the steering. I personally need to draw it out to help me keep it straight especially to limit trips to the store.

I’ll have to run to the local supply store in the morning to get a better feel for what they have available. I have gotten hoses from them in the past but they are all threaded not clamped in. Not sure what the fitting is called so here is a pic all the lines are these fittings on both ends. So I need these type fitting on the valve end then screw on, everywhere else. Tractor Supply probably has ends and this is probably a dumb question, I’ll find out in the morning.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15B677BE-FA05-4399-B8D6-1B01CAAEA056.jpg (26.4 KB, 189 views)
Old 04-06-2018, 10:08 PM
Banned

There are only 5 lines on the steering.
In, out, case drain and 2 to the cylinder.

Those fittings are tube o-ring. You can't buy them. Or at least most placed don't stock them. (Don't want to say *can't*. Obviously, they make them.) You'll figure it out.....

That's why I wouldn't use a power steering sector from a 3000 series. Can't get fittings. Should have gotten one from an older machine.

You can cut them off, flare the cut end and adapt that way. Maybe that was what you were asking before, and I just didn't understand.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:21 PM

yes 5 not 7. My bad.

Okay, good to know. Luckally I have a few ends here so if I mess up I can get a second go at them.

Thanks for the prompt responses, really appreciated.
Old 04-19-2018, 03:23 PM

When making hard lines out of 3/8 brake lines. Do I just use an automotive flare tool and do a double flare? The reason why I ask is because I think automotive flares are 45 degree and JIC are 37, I can also use a flaring tool that I have for gas lines which I think is a 37 but I cannot do a double flare with that.