Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 04-07-2015, 10:32 PM
Grand Member

Default 44A Deck Spindles

I pulled my 44A deck out of the shed yesterday to give it a once over before I mount it. I remember it was getting pretty loud last year so I pulled off the deck belt and spun everything individually. 2 spindles are quiet, one is a little loud, and the tensioner is screaming. New tensioner pulley bearing will take care of that, along with a new bolt to hold the bearing on, this one is toast.

IMG_2215.jpg

My question is the 2 quiet spindles are different then the noisier one. They are aluminum housings that bolt on the bottom instead of the top like the original. They have the number 719-3056 on the housing. I typed that number into google and nothing useful comes up, the cub site/parts tree tells me the number is no good. Does anyone have any idea what they are or what they came from? Since the originals are unserviceable and are expensive to replace, I'd like to get a 3rd one. I just need to know what I'm looking for.

The replacement
IMG_2213.jpg

vs the original
IMG_2214.jpg

Thanks for any insight.
Bill
Old 04-07-2015, 11:30 PM
Banned

The part number that is stamped on the housing is kind of a "factory" number in that you won't find it in a parts book. It is the part number for the actual cast housing. You can buy it individually, but it comes with the bearing races, so in the parts book it carries a different number.

Yes, you want to go with the replacement style. You can get new from CCC, but it's pricey, so hang on to your butt. Like I said, you can get just a housing, but it doesn't come with a shaft. Soooooo..... financially, your better off finding a good used one (aluminum style) and rebuilding it. Or, buy a new center section and see if Jeff can make you a spindle shaft to basically "build" your own. If it were me, I'd probably see if I could find a good used one and rebuild it. CCC wants over $200 for a new assembly.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:39 PM
Grand Member

Thanks for the info, new they are far too expensive. Do you think the newer spindle is soley a replacement part for the 44a spindle or also used in something else? If so, any idea what else so I know what parts machine to look for?

Thanks
Bill
Old 03-29-2018, 06:17 PM

Default 50" Middle Spindle

I see that this post is from 2015 so if my question is seen I appreciate it in advance. I have an 1872 I'm working on. My issue right now is with the middle/double deck spindle. It does have 719-3056 stamped on it. I see that doesn't help find a part. Thing is the disc, pulley, belt support(?) has broken off the shaft. Shaft is good. I can't find the part because it's old and I understand everyone's frustration in getting a CCC part even if they have it. My question...think I can weld it back on to the shaft? I get that it needs to be pretty balanced. I thinking maybe use liquid weld? I have welding equipment just thinking liquid to take a better shot at the balancing part. Thought? Every seen any new parts for this?
I can send a pic if that would help.
Old 03-29-2018, 06:45 PM
Administrator

The "aluminum" spindles are Factory Replacement Assemblies. They were NOT original to the deck. The third picture is what came with the deck originally. Those can be repaired.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 03-29-2018, 07:20 PM

Part number on that newer style spindle is 759-3479P. I've seen them as low as $162.00. There's used ones on eBay.

Dad's 122 w/42" cast deck, spring assist, lights,weights, rear lift
1250 w/hydraulic lift, lights,weights, spring assist.
50C deck converted to an A with front wheels
44C deck converted to an A with front wheels.
QA-36A
42" blade
Old 03-29-2018, 07:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRodway View Post
Thing is the disc, pulley, belt support(?) has broken off the shaft. Shaft is good. I can't find the part because it's old and I understand everyone's frustration in getting a CCC part even if they have it. My question...think I can weld it back on to the shaft? I get that it needs to be pretty balanced. I thinking maybe use liquid weld? I have welding equipment just thinking liquid to take a better shot at the balancing part. Thought? Every seen any new parts for this?
I can send a pic if that would help.
Well, I read this to mean you broke the center double stacked pulley. Is that correct? Yes, maybe a pic would help.

That pulley doesn't have to be balanced. You can weld it back on as long as you get it on straight. "Liquid weld" isn't a weld, and likely won't hold. Plus, if it doesn't hold, you'll be pissed when you try to get that junk off and weld it right.

You don't say, but I'm assuming you have a 50" deck? A 50C model?
If so, that part is still available new. $40.66
https://www.cubcadetpartsnmore.com/m...ey-double.html
Old 03-30-2018, 09:31 AM

Default Center Pulley

Thanks to all for the replies. J-Mech-Yes it's a 50" deck 50C model. Thanks for the correct terminology. It's the center double stacked pulley that has come off. It looks likes it's been pressed on. I've looked at the new pulleys and they have a woodruff key, this one doesn't. I've attached a pic. If I can explain correctly it looks like it was pressed onto the metal piece under the large nut on the shaft.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pulley.jpg (23.0 KB, 157 views)
Old 03-30-2018, 09:36 AM
Banned

The pulley is not pressed on. Yours is held on the shaft with a nut, and uses a key just like they all do. Remove the top nut, pull the remaining broken center hub off the shaft, order the new pulley, install it and be happy, happy.
Old 03-30-2018, 09:55 AM

J-Mech....makes sense. I'm thinking some engineer should have been let go if they designed it the way I was looking at it. Thanks for all your help!!