Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 04-18-2018, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
I don't disagree with you Tim. You are correct. I also agree that there are many different views on how to make money by selling, but they boil down to two basic thoughts. 1.) Sell a lot of things at a lower price and make money. Or, 2.) Sell few items at a higher price and make money.

The thing that I don't get about this thread is the OP states he "bought" the tractor off a buddy in financial need, in order to help him out. He then says that now he wants to sell it and "give back" to him. That's odd. The OP clearly has no idea on it's value, so how much was "paid" for it? OP asks for advice on price, but only kind of listens. OP plans to sell the tractor (again?) and give whatever he gets over what he paid back to the PO??? Why not just have offered to help him sell it to begin with? The whole story seems odd, and the price makes me think there is something else at play. All the while OCC will be the site he spouts as the "source" for his price. This is why I hate giving people a value. Besides..... what do we really know about the tractor other than it looks really pretty? We never got the SN either. Still could be a 3 digit and worth a higher price.. We don't know...... We haven't even discussed what we can see to know it's an early SN. In none of the pictures can we see the spindles, or have a good shot of the front axle. All this is just throwing up red flags to me....

First off, I went to this site to gain knowledge on what this tracker can be worth. The person I got it from was in need of money right away, and yes what every I get over what I paid for it is going back to him. Most of these people on here are a joke, hiding behind a computer. I do appreciate the few members that gave me some information. After reading these posts, I'm gladly deleting my account.
Old 04-18-2018, 11:27 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwlfinger View Post
First off, I went to this site to gain knowledge on what this tracker can be worth. The person I got it from was in need of money right away, and yes what every I get over what I paid for it is going back to him. Most of these people on here are a joke, hiding behind a computer. I do appreciate the few members that gave me some information. After reading these posts, I'm gladly deleting my account.
As was stated, it's worth as much as someone will pay. You never did get us the serial numbers as requested, because that will dictate greatly in a value.
You are the one asking here, so you needed to do your part.
SO, what brings you to say, "Most people on here are a joke, hiding behind a computer?"
Ain't nobody hiding here. We are a pretty close knit group here. And for you to say things like that, after eight post, I say, Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out.
Good day...

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 04-19-2018, 12:08 AM
Grand Member

Nothing wrong with Jon's comment! I agree, and it made sense to me.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:13 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Cadet 123 View Post
Ok, I will put a price on what I think it is worth and I certainly hope that this is not an insult, as that is not the spirit in which I intended it........Now that I have put that out there, perhaps others will chime in and offer their opinions and then you can weigh in on our advice.

Cub Cadet 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwlfinger View Post
Most of these people on here are a joke, hiding behind a computer. I do appreciate the few members that gave me some information. After reading these posts, I'm gladly deleting my account.
Now wait a moment! I would hope to think that other members on this forum would view me as one of the more mild mannered, understanding, slow to anger type fellas on the forum. Nonetheless, I MUST SAY SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR MOST RECENT POST HERE.

I find your comments very upsetting and unfounded. You asked for people's opinions. I told you in my post that you can weigh in on our advice, but to insult us is offensive. I don't mind you coming to the forum, asking questions, etc., but I don't like what you said about members on the forum. You should know that people's opinions are going to differ and disagree with each other or with your own, so your reaction is degrading to the members of OCC. Keep in mind that if you cite or reference this forum as a basis for your pricing, then there are enough of us here to report your ads back to the sponsors of your listing web site, over and over and over and over....Life is like an echo, you get back exactly what you send out! If you come here, ask for opinions, then come back and say what you said about our members, then do not expect kind things in return.

As far as I am concerned, you are always welcome here IF you respect other members, including their opinions, when asked for, and our guests here. If you ask for opinions, then be ready to hear them, in their fullest of details. Welcome these differences as a chance to learn from individuals with very discerning views, who will help you consider aspects that perhaps you never even considered before. Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.......

With that said, I would hope to see more posts by you in the future, but I will understand if you choose not to do that.

Cub Cadet 123
Old 04-19-2018, 09:46 AM

You could have something (anything) legitimately worth $1000, not talking some artificially inflated value, offer to sell for $200 and some idiot will offer you $20, sight unseen and expect you to jump at it deliver it and set it up for them.

I just sold a cheaply made to begin with ranch king LT that I got in not running condition from a neighbor, got it going, looked on CL to see what others were asking for similar machines (newer Craftsman, yard man etc ) and saw a bunch in the 500 to 600 range. Being that I am in a CL desert (i live on the Fringe of 3or 4 listing areas where everyone says I am too far away) I listed it for $340. Runs cuts, neglected maintenance caught up on, etc. I had tons of offers of idiots wanting to pay me $250 without offering to come over and see it. Some wanted it delivered for that,. I never suggested in my ad that I had the means or desire to do that. A lot of people don't.

You want to buy it you come over and see it, then we talk price. You want to buy it you make arrangements to get it home even if you have to go to Menards and pay them their$20 to rent their pickup. If I know you things might be different. Every time I want something I have to go get it myself why should any one else be any different?
Old 04-19-2018, 10:40 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge trucker View Post
You want to buy it you come over and see it, then we talk price.
AMEN!!!!
Old 04-19-2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Cadet 123 View Post
Now wait a moment! I would hope to think that other members on this forum would view me as one of the more mild mannered, understanding, slow to anger type fellas on the forum. Nonetheless, I MUST SAY SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR MOST RECENT POST HERE.

I find your comments very upsetting and unfounded. You asked for people's opinions. I told you in my post that you can weigh in on our advice, but to insult us is offensive. I don't mind you coming to the forum, asking questions, etc., but I don't like what you said about members on the forum. You should know that people's opinions are going to differ and disagree with each other or with your own, so your reaction is degrading to the members of OCC. Keep in mind that if you cite or reference this forum as a basis for your pricing, then there are enough of us here to report your ads back to the sponsors of your listing web site, over and over and over and over....Life is like an echo, you get back exactly what you send out! If you come here, ask for opinions, then come back and say what you said about our members, then do not expect kind things in return.

As far as I am concerned, you are always welcome here IF you respect other members, including their opinions, when asked for, and our guests here. If you ask for opinions, then be ready to hear them, in their fullest of details. Welcome these differences as a chance to learn from individuals with very discerning views, who will help you consider aspects that perhaps you never even considered before. Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.......

With that said, I would hope to see more posts by you in the future, but I will understand if you choose not to do that.

Cub Cadet 123
I should have specified, that message was regarding all the inboxed messages, off the wall and rude comments. Simply thought I could get some advise from people who know the machines, and thought I would get some friendly advise! Also it is serial number 11465.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:21 PM
Banned

You did get friendly advice. You just didn't like it, so you got mad. Sorry. It is an early tractor. But, it has no options, no attachments, and just simply isn't worth that kind of money. Doesn't matter if you don't like it. And, you might find someone who doesn't have a clue, like yourself, who will pay it. But that doesn't make us wrong. It just makes you lucky. Best of luck.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:48 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
You did get friendly advice. You just didn't like it, so you got mad. Sorry. It is an early tractor. But, it has no options, no attachments, and just simply isn't worth that kind of money. Doesn't matter if you don't like it. And, you might find someone who doesn't have a clue, like yourself, who will pay it. But that doesn't make us wrong. It just makes you lucky. Best of luck.
His dislike of comments are those sent to his inbox.
Which we do not know what all was said by whom.
Conversely he is "okay" with what all was said in this thread?

Good luck with the sale there kwl.
Old 04-20-2018, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
His dislike of comments are those sent to his inbox.
Which we do not know what all was said by whom.
Conversely he is "okay" with what all was said in this thread?

Good luck with the sale there kwl.
My apologies then. I thought he was ripping on all of us. I see he made a post that I missed.