Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 02-21-2011, 04:50 PM
Banned

Default Project rear pto O

Well this has been a couple weeks in the making but it's home now so it's time to post pics! I found a pretty good deal on the rear pto now I've got to find the rest of the tractor to build around it. Not sure if you can see from the pics but serial # 2146. The splines on the pto show no signs of wear/use. I'm going to pull the axle tubes and replace the brass bushings and replace the seals then wait until I find the rest of the tractor. Going thru the gears the shift pattern is nice and tight. It's Jude's fault I got this I was having rear pto envy and located this one. Turns out the guy I got it from used to own my replacement loader adn is long time friend of Allen! So pretty small world.

Got a couple of questions...

Anyone happen to know if you have a danco creeper if it slows down the pto when your in low range? Seems like it would but thought I would ask.

Will a snow thrower drive shaft fit the pto shaft? I've got a couple of projects in mind but need to know the size of the pto shaft.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Sminkey

Thumbs up Sweet Duke!!

Awesome That rearend, not yours, looks mighty fine. Nice early serial # too! Not sure if snowthrower driveshaft fits but came across this: http://ihccw.com/IMG_8656_11.JPG. Saw that on ihccw.com and it's a REAR PTO INTERMEDIATE SHAFT SPLINE COUPLING ASSEMBLY!! I'm thinking that would work, man I'm getting hungry for some reason
Nice score Duke, I'm sure we can find you the rest of the tractor when I come down
Old 02-21-2011, 06:36 PM

Yes, the creeper will slow the PTO...the creeper connects to the input of the trans, so everything is slowed down by it.

The shaft in Sminkey's picture is probably for an SGT with the electric rear PTO...the spline is different. It's possible that the snowthrower joint has the same spline, but unlikely. You may want/need to get a spline adapter to get the size up to a 1 3/8" - 6 spline or something more common like that.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:40 PM
Sminkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G. View Post
Yes, the creeper will slow the PTO...the creeper connects to the input of the trans, so everything is slowed down by it.

The shaft in Sminkey's picture is probably for an SGT with the electric rear PTO...the spline is different. It's possible that the snowthrower joint has the same spline, but unlikely. You may want/need to get a spline adapter to get the size up to a 1 3/8" - 6 spline or something more common like that.
ya you're right Matt, that shaft has pretty fine splines. Wouldn't work, a spline adapter sounds like a good idea!!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sminkey View Post
Awesome That rearend, not yours, looks mighty fine. Nice early serial # too! Not sure if snowthrower driveshaft fits but came across this: http://ihccw.com/IMG_8656_11.JPG. Saw that on ihccw.com and it's a REAR PTO INTERMEDIATE SHAFT SPLINE COUPLING ASSEMBLY!! I'm thinking that would work, man I'm getting hungry for some reason
Nice score Duke, I'm sure we can find you the rest of the tractor when I come down
to the first part!

I'm sure we'll stumble opon something when you come down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G. View Post

Thanks Matt that was my thoughts as well on creeper slowing the pto down. It just kinda made sense but when I asked people they didn't think it would for some reason.

I'll check around for a spline adaptor.

Thanks for the help!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:21 PM
nickvanorman

Hey Duke. you may want to check out a PTO knuckle and shaft from a Bolens tube frame to run their attachments....the splines look awfully similar to that of your cub...who knows...maybe youll get lucky with that! good find on the very low SN original...(part of an original) haha
Old 02-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickvanorman View Post
Hey Duke. you may want to check out a PTO knuckle and shaft from a Bolens tube frame to run their attachments....the splines look awfully similar to that of your cub...who knows...maybe youll get lucky with that! good find on the very low SN original...(part of an original) haha
Thanks Nick I've got a friend with some bolens I'll check with him. The low serial number plus the pto made me buy it and build a tractor around it. Even if I tried to talk my self out of it several times but hey it's all Jude's fualt!

There is no rush on this project just going to see how the parts fall in line for me and see where it goes from there. Once I rebuild the rear end I'll put it on the shelf and wait on the rest. Unless Jude makes me speed the project up!
Old 02-21-2011, 07:58 PM

Default Original w/rear PTO

Duke,this is all I have,just missing the K-161...? Grille screen remains but the logo and hood ornament is going to Germany...$100?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg good bye! 010.jpg (26.1 KB, 446 views)
File Type: jpg good bye! 009.jpg (26.3 KB, 443 views)
Old 02-21-2011, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor2nv View Post
Duke,this is all I have,just missing the K-161...? Grille screen remains but the logo and hood ornament is going to Germany...$100?
Oh my! I'll send you a pm once the kids are asleep.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Grand Member

Thumbs up

Nice score Methos! It may not be TOO hard to find the rest of the tractor,...since imo, you have the coolest, most important part already. I think you would be legal to run a k301 matched up to that bad boy, making the rest of the tractor come at a better price. Just something to think about, having to run things off the rear pto. with some AUTHORITY! But hey, I'am glad you have shared and are willing to show it off at some point.
IH CUB CADET 1450, 72, 86, 1211, IH #2 CART, IH 56" SNOW BLADE, COLLECTING CUB CADET ENGINES