Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 06:09 AM
Grand Member

I don't know any place in this country that E 10 fuel is transported via pipeline.

Matter of fact, it isn't transported via pipeline due to the fact that moisture can get in the pipeline and cause problems.

Keep your E 10 in sealed containers and you won't have any water problems with it.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:26 AM
Grand Member

I always keep my E10 in open 5 gal buckets.
I've never had a problem with it collecting moisture, and it is a good place for
flicking my cigarette butts into.
Old 10-07-2017, 10:58 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike McKown View Post
I don't know any place in this country that E 10 fuel is transported via pipeline.

Matter of fact, it isn't transported via pipeline due to the fact that moisture can get in the pipeline and cause problems.

Keep your E 10 in sealed containers and you won't have any water problems with it.
YES you have Ethanol pipeline in the USA since 2008, so please before answering just take 2 minutes of your time to Google "Ethanol pipeline in the USA" and to understand the problem try "Ethanol corrosion in pipelines".

I quit kicking the bucket, this is going nowhere, the same debate keep coming back again and again.
1976 1650/QA42A blower/44A deck/standby
1976 1450TS/Sleeve hitch/44A deck/in storage
1963 100 (red)/in storage
2010 Kubota 2380-2/42" infinity deck (engine swap)
Old 10-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
YES you have Ethanol pipeline in the USA since 2008, so please before answering just take 2 minutes of your time to Google "Ethanol pipeline in the USA" and to understand the problem try "Ethanol corrosion in pipelines".
There is a pipeline in Florida that transports ethanol a short distance. As far as I know, it is ethanol only, not refined E 10 gasoline which is the subject under discussion.

I ain't exactly a rookie when it comes to E 10. Been using it since about 1985, My experience, once you understand and practice appropriate storage habits, no more, no less problems than with straight gasoline.

Straight gasoline has/had it's fair share of problems as well which many overlook in their rush to judgement on E 10
Old 10-08-2017, 12:22 PM
Grand Member

Quote:

I ain't exactly a rookie when it comes to E 10. Been using it since about 1985, My experience, once you understand and practice appropriate storage habits, no more, no less problems than with straight gasoline.

Straight gasoline has/had it's fair share of problems as well which many overlook in their rush to judgement on E 10
Same here.......Biggest problem I see is fuel storage issues. The small engine sites have some good information on the subject of what fuel to use and how to use it?
Old 10-10-2017, 05:18 PM

Personally I find this entire ethanol debate confusing. Its pretty hard to get thoughtful, unbiased information that isnt influenced by political motivation.

Even the websites dedicated to studying it dont have clear conclusions.

But from what I have heard, political or not, we are more likely to get an INCREASE in methanol use than reverting to non ethanol gas. So I guess its up to me as an individual to decide how much time and $$ I want to put into obtaining non ethanol gas for my small engines. And I guess only I will know, via fewer problems, if it was worth it. Not a simple or easy experiment to run in a controlled fashion.

Old 11-04-2017, 09:12 AM

Default e free gas

anyone checked out https://www.pure-gas.org/, fuel-testers.com. left side PRECAUTIONS-TIPS is some major help
i'm with many who have had to deal with major costly issues from E10 going bad,sucking moisture out of the air, replacing carbs,fuel pumps. had a boat gas tank go bad when it first came out melting the fiberglass inside, even losing a costly 2 stroke chainsaw engine. from it wiping the oil off the piston and rings causing it to seize.

lucky using the site i've found a local legal non e gas ,yes it costs, but my motors run better .
Old 11-06-2017, 07:36 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeeter View Post
Personally I find this entire ethanol debate confusing. Its pretty hard to get thoughtful, unbiased information that isnt influenced by political motivation.

Maybe this will help you make a choice. This guy worked for a major refinery in Texas all his working life. His comments about refined gasoline that we used to have to use which wasn't very good, compared to today.

" The gasoline of old was more corrosive and had higher sulfur content than today's gasoline. It also had more of the stuff that forms gums. Sulfur content of today's gasoline is in the 50 ppm range and doesn't have any untreated yellow or orange cracked gasoline in it. I worked as a chemical engineer for an XOM refinery for 32 years often supporting gasoline production and blending."
Old 11-07-2017, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Maybe this will help you make a choice. This guy worked for a major refinery in Texas all his working life. His comments about refined gasoline that we used to have to use which wasn't very good, compared to today.

" The gasoline of old was more corrosive and had higher sulfur content than today's gasoline. It also had more of the stuff that forms gums. Sulfur content of today's gasoline is in the 50 ppm range and doesn't have any untreated yellow or orange cracked gasoline in it. I worked as a chemical engineer for an XOM refinery for 32 years often supporting gasoline production and blending."
hear that mike! growing up my next door neighbor was a chem engineer for exxon, always told us it was the worst of the worst that anyone could tell it was exxon by looking at a spark plug, with exxon they would have a red color to the porcelain.

back in the 60's real world amaco was the best. only real lead free made then, it burned clean, less carbon .less carb problems

today's gas would be better if we could lose the grain junk causing the problems . esp since it is not part of the refinery mix.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:51 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie g View Post
hear that mike! growing up my next door neighbor was a chem engineer for exxon, always told us it was the worst of the worst that anyone could tell it was exxon by looking at a spark plug, with exxon they would have a red color to the porcelain.
I never thought much about it in 1963 when I'd pull the plugs in my '56 Bel Air and they were a reddish color. I was an Exxon gas pump jockey then and you can guess where I bought my gasoline.
Closed Thread