Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Cub Cadet Rear Engine Rider & ZTR (RER)

Notices

Old 08-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Grand Member

I think maple hunter makes custom decals but not sure,
just google "maple hunter decals"
Old 08-02-2016, 07:43 PM

ML, yes I would appreciate that information on the switches and solenoids. You can post it here in case anyone else is interested or contact me through my website, www.cubcadetman.com. If it's OK with you, I'll also post that information on my website for anyone that's interested in the future. TIA

Paul
Old 08-03-2016, 02:51 PM

Pfunk.

I'll grab the information for the switches & solenoids at home tonight and post them here. No problem with adding the info to your website. The more information that is out there the better for all in need.

ol'George. I had heard of Maple Hunter and when I finally found him saw that he doesn't carry any of the decals for the 95. I'm not sure, but in order to make customs, he would have to have original samples. It would be impossible to remove them from the mower in any sort of condition that he could use. A local source can take the whole body with the decal still in place and have all of the necessary colors, sizes and configurations in order replicate them. Before I get to that point, which is a ways off at this time, I will contact Maple Hunter to see what he can do if anything.

I bumped into the same issue with MLamar about making a new wiring harness. He told me that he had never made a harness for the 95. First he wants to see a picture of it laid out to determine if he can make one, which I am sure he can. Then I would have to send him my harness for him to replicate with all of the correct connectors & colors. Fortunately, I have two wiring harnesses, so that is less of an issue.

The decals are a bit more problematic. My body is in decent shape and only has one front corner broken out. I applaud Pfunk for his workmanship on his 95 as shown on his website. I would never attempt that undertaking. If I decide to repair the minor dink in the body, I will take to a quality fiberglass body shop. At this point, my focus is on the mechanical functionality of the 95. Trailer Queen looks are for the future.

Pfunk. I'll send the info either tonight or first thing in the am.

ML
Old 08-04-2016, 12:58 PM

Pfunk

Here is the information for the switches & solenoids.

Switches
IH 57599C1, Traction mower switch. Replacement: Indak 3A463A.
IH 57600C1, Blade switch. Replacement: Indak A223A.

Solenoids
IH 57604C1, Traction motor solenoid. Replacement: Cole-Hersee, DPST 24080.
IH 57605C1, Blade motor solenoid. Replacement: Cole-Hersee, DPDT 24400.

I am not sure exactly where to get all of them from. I am going to try a local automotive electrical supply & repair company.

ML
Old 08-04-2016, 09:37 PM

Thanks, ML. And, I'll put it on my website first chance I get. I've been mowing pasture all day and right now I just want to cool off!!

Paul
Old 01-24-2017, 02:27 PM

PFunk, RBedell & any other interested folks

I finally had a quality conversation with the Indak Switch people today.

They were indeed the original source manufacture for IH back in the days.
So, the Indak Key switch #3A463A was the original part for IH 57 599C1 and the Indak switch #A223A was the original part for IH 57 600 C1. In fact Tom at Indak gave me the IH part numbers once I gave him the information on what my needed use was for. Unfortunately they do not sell to individuals, but only to OEM companies such as IH. They said they are not comfortable selling to "fix it up folks" because of liability issues.

Both parts are no longer in production. In fact, he couldn't tell me when the last time they actually made them, but did say that the last time they shipped any was in 1982. That does not bode well for finding any today except from off of an old unit that is being striped down. I looked at switches that are for either Battery or Magneto systems and none of them provide the correct Circuit connections. Based on the last shipmate of 1982, there must be some other tractors and/or implements that these switches were used on, but I haven't had any success in that search yet. CCC may well have bought the last of the production for service and replacement use. MTD is my next call. Perhaps they have some in stock that they have forgotten they have.

That is as much information as I have been able to find to this date. Tom at Indak said he would look in an "old locker" that contains archived switches and see if perhaps they find any. He is going to call me back about that possibility.

ML
Old 01-24-2017, 08:33 PM
Grand Member

Baccarat, if I'm reading your thread correctly you're needing a 5 post 36v solenoid correct? Is there room for a bigger version of one? Golf cart and other cud man type carts use 36v 5 post solenoids made by the white Rogers company. Just a thought if you cant find an OE one.
(2) Original, 100, 102, 124, 73, 800, #1 and #2 cart, brinly plows, disk, IH184, IH244, 1948 F Cub
Old 01-25-2017, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the White Rogers reference Alvy.

I had thought of the golf cart possibility, but haven't fully explored it yet. No only is the 5 terminal factor in play, but there is the 3 position deal as well as the correct circuit connections in each of the positions. There is some room for a bit of a larger one if I had to go that route. I would have to remake the brackets that mount it into the body, but for me that would be a minor issue.

I'll some research and see what comes up. Thanks for the input.

ML
Old 01-25-2017, 09:31 AM

Alvy

Sorry, I misread your reply. You made reference to a solenoid. I was thinking of the key switch. Those are the big issues. RBedell and I have determined that there are Cole-Hersee solenoids that are correct replacements. I will still look at White Rogers and see what they carry.

I have a local automotive electrical repair company can can rebuild the motors and they carry the Cole-Hersee solenoids, so that is less of an issue.

Thanks
ML
Old 01-25-2017, 10:23 AM
Grand Member

Have you ever tried to contact these guys,as GE made most of the parts for the Cub Cadet 95.

http://www.watts-up-elec-traks.com/

http://www.electrictractorstore.com/

http://www.kansaswindpower.net/GE%20...20Tractors.htm