Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT)

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2017, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRiverGeorge View Post
Hello Everyone,

Picking up my XT2 46" with Fabricated deck today and I have a question. I have heard non ethanol gas is better for mowers and fortunately have a station nearby that sells it. What do you guys know about this and is it worth using?

Thanks in advance,

NRG
If you can get it, use it.
New 2011 Cub Cadet GT 2000 7 Seasons Grass and Leaves (ends in Dec)
Used only Non Ethanol with fuel life extender Now has 400 hours. NEVER failed to start. Park mower at end of Dec. Turn the key and start back up in April. Never had the mower in the shop. I changed the engine oil, filters, hydro oil and filter. THATS ALL
2011 String Trimmer, 2011 Blower. Used only TRUFUEL 50-1 ($6.00 per quart) 7 Seasons NEVER Failed To Start Never been in the shop.

Moral of the story: Pay a little more now or a heck of a lot more later.

Ethanol Gas is the repair shop's best friend. My cousin owns a lawn mower sales and repair. He laughs all the way to the bank and loves ethanol gas. How much does a visit to the repair shop in your shop costs? It is expensive around here.
Riverrat
Old 11-07-2017, 05:21 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverrat View Post
\

Ethanol Gas is the repair shop's best friend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tsif.jpg (31.0 KB, 86 views)
Old 11-07-2017, 05:59 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Used only Non Ethanol with fuel life extender Now has 400 hours. NEVER failed to start. Park mower at end of Dec. Turn the key and start back up in April. Never had the mower in the shop. I changed the engine oil, filters, hydro oil and filter. THATS ALL
2011 String Trimmer, 2011 Blower. Used only TRUFUEL 50-1 ($6.00 per quart) 7 Seasons NEVER Failed To Start Never been in the shop.

Ethanol Gas is the repair shop's best friend. My cousin owns a lawn mower sales and repair. He laughs all the way to the bank and loves ethanol gas. How much does a visit to the repair shop in your shop costs? It is expensive around here.
Riverrat

Number 1 reason "Ethanol Gas is the repair shop's best friend" is poor fuel storage habits. Been

There isn't an additive that can make gas last 400 hours. You won't have any problems if small engine owners would just follow what the small engine manufactures say in there site.

Quote:
by yeeter
Personally I find this entire ethanol debate confusing. Its pretty hard to get thoughtful, unbiased information that isn't influenced by political motivation.
I thought the same thing. That is why I did my own test. My results are from my own test. My test mules were an IH Cub Cadet 70-100 and a 149.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merk View Post
Number 1 reason "Ethanol Gas is the repair shop's best friend" is poor fuel storage habits. Been

There isn't an additive that can make gas last 400 hours. You won't have any problems if small engine owners would just follow what the small engine manufactures say in there site.

I thought the same thing. That is why I did my own test. My results are from my own test. My test mules were an IH Cub Cadet 70-100 and a 149.
Merk: Are you having a bad day with your reading glasses? The Garden Tractor has 400 hours of use on it. I buy my gas 10 gallons at a time.
If you want to get technical, 400 hours divided by 24 hours is a little over 16 days. (based on the way you responded). All of the additives I know certainly would make the gas last 400 hours. The sky isn't falling now, it seems it already has. Better read the manufactures site again to make sure you don't run into problems..
Old 11-12-2017, 07:51 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Merk: Are you having a bad day with your reading glasses? The Garden Tractor has 400 hours of use on it. I buy my gas 10 gallons at a time.
If you want to get technical, 400 hours divided by 24 hours is a little over 16 days. (based on the way you responded). All of the additives I know certainly would make the gas last 400 hours. The sky isn't falling now, it seems it already has. Better read the manufactures site again to make sure you don't run into problems..
My glasses are just fine.

Check out Kohler FAQ's (https://power.kohler.com/na-en/engines/faqs). Questions #2 and #3 deal with fuel recommendations. Question #7 deals with fuel additives. Suggest you take off your glasses that have blinders on them and read Kohler's FAQs that deals with fuel and fuel additives.

Gas with 10% works great for me in all my small engines. E85 fuel works great in my pickup truck plus it is $.95 a gallon cheaper. Why do I want to pay $6.00 a quart ($24 a gallon) for fuel when $2.64 a gallon fuel works? Same goes for non ethanol gas. It cost more per gallon.

Worth repeating this again.....The majority of the fuel issues I see and hear about goes back to poor fuel storage habits.

Must be time for another ethanol haters meeting
Old 11-12-2017, 08:50 PM
Banned

Quote:

Riverrat

I have a a few things with small engines on them. My 1986, 1811 has 2000 hours on it. Never had anything BUT 10% ethanol in it. Starts every time. No fuel system issues except a couple times it got left out in the rain and got water in the tank..... but that really has nothing to do with fuel. Oh, but a fuel pump in it about 10 years and 500 hours ago. But I'm pretty sure it's failure was due to age, not fuel.

So..... your 400 hours since 2011 and nothing but regular gas and no issues is just well...... not related to the fuel. If my tractor has 2000 hours on it and has always had ethanol, then I'd say Merk is right. (I already know he is, so don't bother trying to sway me.) Your theory is skewed if you are making your case based off never using ethanol. Go buy another machine, clean out the fuel system, then run it 400 hours and follow good storage habits. I think you'll find you have the same results with the 10% as you do the non ethanol fuel.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Administrator

We have beat this to death so many times. Burn whatever flavor you like. Time to close this one down.
BX2660 with FEL & Grassanator
Closed Thread