Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > Suggestion box

Notices

Old 09-01-2014, 11:59 PM
Grand Member

Default Post of Corrections in EBAY/CL Deals

Allow members to post corrections to existing threads in the EBAY/CL category. I know that there is a need to control discussion style posts in that category, but when a post is incorrect and an error is corrected to better inform members, then why does that post to the thread get erased?

ie. Right now, there is a thread for an original that is supposedly a 1963, but you can view the pics and tell by the tower and reduction housing that it is a 1961. My post to mention this was erased and I was trying to help out members who might be looking for a 1961 original, since that is the favored year for the O's.

Cub Cadet 123
Old 09-02-2014, 05:54 AM
Administrator

The Mod's have no problem with a follow up thread to the original post that adds or clarifies the listing.

The " I wish I was closer" thread, still and will get deleted, in that, it adds nothing.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 09-02-2014, 08:22 AM

In addition to that, I really wish posts that are informative in nature and on topic in the Craigslist/eBay section would not get deleted. Right now it seems the goal is an indiscriminate 0 replies.Things like "this will not work with a standard Cat 0", technical information about the item, or even pricing/value information. Ultimately we're all here to benefit from the knowledge of the community, and if the knowledge gets wiped out no one benefits from that.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Administrator

The problem has been and is, once the "chit chat" starts, there seems to be no end. The chit chat either gets deleted or the listing gets moved to the General Section so the chit chat can continue.

The Trading Post is a FOR SALE section........not a chit chat section. It is a simple concept.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 09-02-2014, 09:40 AM

I understand what you're saying, I'm just suggesting that posts in that section not be deleted so indiscriminately, useful information on the item should be allowed to stay. As an example, I posted an unknown (to me) 3pt plow about a month ago, and another member posted a reply saying it will not fit the regular Cub Cadet Cat 0 hitch without modification. Another member posted further information that it was a Sears plow and they generally sell for about half what the seller was asking for. Both replies got deleted. I would argue that both contained useful on-topic information that would have benefited anyone viewing the thread. I suppose we could label it as chit-chat, but if we're labeling useful on-topic information as chit-chat , then the whole forum is comprised of chit-chat. If the conversation derails, offending posts can be deleted without deleting everything.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:43 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Bedell View Post
The problem has been and is, once the "chit chat" starts, there seems to be no end. The chit chat either gets deleted or the listing gets moved to the General Section so the chit chat can continue.

The Trading Post is a FOR SALE section........not a chit chat section. It is a simple concept.
I consider the chit-chat as a necessity,,,

The chit-chat will "bump" the posting, keeping it freshly renewed for those who do not visit OCC every 7 seconds.

Mods view this site differently than the "users" view it.

BUT, users are the ones with the $$ that can go to OCC,,,,

The site ought to be geared towards having the most posts that might interest users, "For Sale" typically is a major interest,
along with the associated comments,,,

I was recently on another site, a guy started a thread asking about front tires for his JD for snow duty.

I posted a pic of my Gravely, showing a great tire for snow,,,

It is the correct size tire, and works well in snow.

One mod deleted the pic, but, left the words,
Another mod moved the thread to another more general section.

The OP got all upset over moving the thread, I felt dissed after going to the trouble of posting a pic.

If I would have had a pic of the tire on a JD, I would have used it, a post without a pic is less informative.

IMHO, this forum is not here to make mods happy, it is here to make $$

$$ insures that OCC will continue to stay around!!

What OCC does not need is users.

OCC will be much more successful with more users,,,,

If you come to visit OCC, and the only thing you see are recent posts on "Look My New Spray Bomb Restore!!", and the associated "Looks Good" followup posts, you, as a user, may not return,,,,
Old 09-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Bedell View Post
The Mod's have no problem with a follow up thread to the original post that adds or clarifies the listing.

The " I wish I was closer" thread, still and will get deleted, in that, it adds nothing.
You mean follow up post to the OP or new threads?
To me a thread is a discussion from post one to last post.
But maybe I am wrong?
Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Banned

If I may, I want to clarify what Roland is saying.

When we mods go in and "clean up" the For Sale section, you cannot imagine the time it takes to do this. I know we all (the mods) spend a lot of time keeping that section clean, informative, and making sure all ads have all the necessary info. We do intend to leave "pertinent info" withing the thread. Such as info on the said "for sale" item. But, sometimes in haste and because it takes a lot of time to go through and read all posts that sometimes accrue before we can "moderate" it, it's easier to just delete them all. If we have deleted something that may have been important, I'm sure it was in err more than it was vindictive in nature. Don't take offence, and please remember that when and if a post was deleted, that under the guidelines in the For Sale section, it is clearly stated that "chit chat" is not allowed and will be deleted. But we do try to leave important or pertinent info.

A note to buyers/lookers:
If you have questions about an item in the For Sale section, you can always PM the seller (or get a hold of them through their preferred means of communication) and ask your question. If it is an E-bay, or C-list item, there is nothing stating that you cannot start a thread in the correct section and ask the forum for information. For example: A post in the "implement" section or even in the "general talk" section asking if the plow that is in the for sale section will work on a 782 with a Cat 0 hitch, is fine. But if you just ask the question within the body of the particular ad, expect it to get deleted. We are all about sharing info, but for good reason, it needs to be placed in the proper section.

Hope this helps clear up the issue.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:31 PM

For clarification, if an ad is posted in the Craigslist/eBay section by another member, and for the benefit of the community you want to post additional information on the item from personal experience, such as "will not fit a a Cub Cadet Cat 0", the correct way to do that would be to create another thread in the General/ off topic section? Would it then be acceptable to post a reply on the original thread containing only a link to the "discussion" thread so that those looking at the ad can easily find the additional information and "chit chat" on the item?
Old 09-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Grand Member

I posted this because I was bewildered why my post to the thread "1963 Original" was deleted and all that I said was that the cub cadet original should have been listed as a 1961 since it had the '61 dash tower and reduction housing (no hole for creeper). It was not intended for chit chat, but informational to anyone who was curious about the original. I was attempting to inform my fellow enthusiast that it was a 1961 cub cadet, but it was listed by Redblower and the CL owner as a 1963. It is still posted....but without my post.....the one in Traverse, MI.

So, my suggestion is intended to provide a way to better help my fellow enthusiast land a desirable cub by providing clarification, which is what everyone strives for as each of us pursues our hobby. I do believe that my post was deleted as "chit chat" without regards to the contents of it and thus, my suggestion to re-consider this policy so that we may better help each other.

Thanks,

Cub Cadet 123