Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Welcome to OCC > Welcome to OnlyCubCadets

Notices

Old 07-28-2014, 01:02 AM

I know it has both hydraulic pump and electric lift. The handle on the right side with red tip does the lifting. There is the switch on the console that operates a electric chute motor on the snow thrower that plugs in behind the dash. I will post more close up pics, thanks.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:14 AM

Default 127

I don't know if the pervious owner installed anything, my first assessment this was standard on the IH cubs until I started to become familiar and figured it was upgraded. I'm still not sure how everything ties in, still a learning process.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:16 AM

Default Snow blower

Electric motor on chute.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:35 PM

Hello. I'm the PO. I added the hyd. pump, tank, valve and cylinder. After I got the tractor and tried pushing snow, raising the blade etc., I decided it was time to replace the armstrong lift and go hydraulic. The pump lay in the garage for 30 yr. so it was time to put it to use. After some shopping on evilpay, I came up with a control valve from a Bolens that has the float option and a cylinder from one of the newer cubs. After finding an old gas tank in the garage for a supply tank and a bunch of fabricating, mounting the cylinder and a new rockshaft, I came up with the hyd. system. I thought it all worked out rather well. Rob, I'm glad to see you on here and also glad you like the 127. I saw you have a small problem with the starter that I never saw. If I'd have seen it, I would have fixed it before I sold it. If I can be of any help, let me know.

Richard
Old 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLause View Post
Hello. I'm the PO. I added the hyd. pump, tank, valve and cylinder. After I got the tractor and tried pushing snow, raising the blade etc., I decided it was time to replace the armstrong lift and go hydraulic. The pump lay in the garage for 30 yr. so it was time to put it to use. After some shopping on evilpay, I came up with a control valve from a Bolens that has the float option and a cylinder from one of the newer cubs. After finding an old gas tank in the garage for a supply tank and a bunch of fabricating, mounting the cylinder and a new rockshaft, I came up with the hyd. system. I thought it all worked out rather well. Rob, I'm glad to see you on here and also glad you like the 127. I saw you have a small problem with the starter that I never saw. If I'd have seen it, I would have fixed it before I sold it. If I can be of any help, let me know.

Richard
Thanks Richard it nice hearing from you. The starter is no big deal right now, I just bought IH cub headlights with original switch on evilbay and my next plan is chains and wheel weights. The tractor cuts better than my 1554 and is faster and I'm very pleased with it. Thanks again, Rob
Old 07-29-2014, 08:28 AM
Grand Member

RLause,
Your hydraulics eggineering looks impressive and rather sneaky with it all so "out of sight". Great job.

Is the pump mounted to the inside of that vertical bracket on left side of engine to the existing crank pulley?

Do you have any construction pics on your installation to share?

Rbbb,
Fitting the left headlight into it's factory position might be too tight now.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:41 AM

Yeah, it's gonna be tight with the install. I will have to shim the hydro tank back to squeeze it in. The pump I believe is on the left mounted on the large bracket just forward of the dash. Richard would have to comment more on that and yes he did an awesome job. I will send before and after pics when the the headlight install is complete. Thanks, Rob.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:33 PM

Hello. The pump is mounted to that vertical bar and is driven with hubless timing pulleys and timing belt. Changed the front coupler to a rag joint. Yes it was a bit tough fitting the cylinder into the frame behind the rockshaft and the valve in the tunnel below the battery. It seems like I may have a couple of pictures here somewhere, I'll look. If I had to do it again, I would find a ported pump cheap on evilpay and go that way. I found the pictures, just got to figure out how to post them.

Richard
Old 07-29-2014, 09:46 PM

Hello. I never uploaded any pictures here, so here goes. If anyone needs the pictures explained, let me know. I also have some sketches somewhere.

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HPIM2459.jpg (28.9 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2460.jpg (24.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2462.jpg (26.8 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2463.jpg (32.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2464.jpg (35.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg HPIM2465.jpg (35.6 KB, 35 views)
Old 08-04-2014, 09:05 PM
Grand Member

Welcome to OCC and nice looking 127!