Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 07-31-2017, 10:38 PM

Default Sprayer attachment

Finally got my sprayer attachment finished, works good. Also got the front weight bracket mounted and front tires loaded. It really makes a difference when I have the tiller on the back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1106.jpg (37.7 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1108.jpg (29.9 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1109.jpg (41.5 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1111.jpg (37.0 KB, 201 views)
Old 07-31-2017, 11:05 PM
Banned

People hate me for this..... but some constructive criticism:

I wouldn't have used a 12V power plug. Won't last long. Plus, not rated for many amps, has a tendency to corrode and it may wiggle loose. Use a 4 pole round trailer plug instead. Should fit in about the same size hole. Plus, that will give you ground, power and two other possible circuits. Right now, you are grounding through the 3pt. Not the best choice.

Don't really care for where you mounted the switch..... I mean, you drilled a hole in the fenders for the power plug, just as well drill a hole and mount the toggle in a better location. Like on the lower dash panel next to a fuse holder.

Booms are a lot high if you are spraying round up. If it's even a little windy, it may drift. Several wide fan nozzles close to the ground is best. Less drift. Maybe you made the boom adjustable. You didn't really give any info....

One more suggestion. You may find that you mixed up more chemical than you need and want to take off the sprayer. Make a set of legs or stands on the bottom that you can just set it down on. That way you can take it off easy, and anywhere you want without needing to set in on something.

Overall, you did a nice job of building it. Painted it nice, and it looks good!
Old 08-01-2017, 12:35 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
Booms are a lot high if you are spraying round up. If it's even a little windy, it may drift. Several wide fan nozzles close to the ground is best. Less drift. Maybe you made the boom adjustable. You didn't really give any info....
Possibly could be adjusted with the arms.
I think you did a good job overall. Switch and plug locations could have been located elsewhere, but hey, it's your tractor...

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:09 AM
Grand Member

I like it. I have a 15 gallon Fimco brand sprayer on a trailer with a couple spray nozzles on the back boom. I wish they were adjustable up and down. I only spot spray Round up with the wand/hose at this point but on occasion spray 24D for broad leaves in the lawn every couple years. You have a nice looking rig there. I hope it serves you well.

70, #1 cart. Brinly Cultivator. Some wheel weights.

{125, 126, 2072-Sold~regrettably, 2284 60 inch Haban 325 deck., 451 snowblower, 2182-60 inch Haban 374 deck- "Money Pit", 401 Haban 54 inch dozer blade- rebuilt, 1440-down the road, Another 2182 for parts. Another 2284 for parts. 450 blower. 1812-sold, 2072 w/ Haban 374, and a 2182#3 w/ Haban 325}-------> All SOLD
Old 08-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't have used a 12V power plug. Won't last long. Plus, not rated for many amps, has a tendency to corrode and it may wiggle loose. Use a 4 pole round trailer plug instead. Should fit in about the same size hole. Plus, that will give you ground, power and two other possible circuits. Right now, you are grounding through the 3pt. Not the best choice.

Don't really care for where you mounted the switch..... I mean, you drilled a hole in the fenders for the power plug, just as well drill a hole and mount the toggle in a better location. Like on the lower dash panel next to a fuse holder.

One more suggestion. You may find that you mixed up more chemical than you need and want to take off the sprayer. Make a set of legs or stands on the bottom that you can just set it down on. That way you can take it off easy, and anywhere you want without needing to set in on something.

Maybe some people hate you for it, but I don't. I value your opinion, I like your style, you tell it like it is.

The plug is a marine grade plug and receptical rated at twenty amps. It also has a screw on keeper so it don't come unpluged. I debated long and hard about drilling a hole in the fender. My thinking was-- if someone after me wants to restore it, it wouldn't be too hard to patch the hole.
I didn't really want to drill the dash and I saw that convenient spot so I used it.
I don't know what you mean about a ground, it's just positive and negative and they both go through the plug.

No, the boom is not adjustable but that's a good idea. Maybe I'll make it where I can mount the boom low for Round-Up like you suggest, and use the upper mounting for pasture-Gard etc.

I like your idea about a stand or legs, even when it's empty it ends up on the ground.
Thanks again for the input, that's how we learn things, by exchanging ideas.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy1 View Post
Possibly could be adjusted with the arms.
I think you did a good job overall. Switch and plug locations could have been located elsewhere, but hey, it's your tractor...
Thanks Zippy, I know it's not the best location but was convenient at the time.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Steve View Post
I like it. I have a 15 gallon Fimco brand sprayer on a trailer with a couple spray nozzles on the back boom. I wish they were adjustable up and down. I only spot spray Round up with the wand/hose at this point but on occasion spray 24D for broad leaves in the lawn every couple years. You have a nice looking rig there. I hope it serves uou well.
Thanks Steve, I'll use it to spray the driveway, and probably something on the grass like you do. Also I have about five acres of pasture that isn't being used, so I'll probably spray it to keep the weeds down.
Old 08-01-2017, 12:21 PM
Grand Member

Nice Job! Legs on the sprayer can be a good or bad thing. If you plan on crossing ditches you may swing the machine--don't make them any longer than needed for hitching/unhitching is all I am saying. You know where you intend to go so just keep that in mind. I agree it would be nice to get the booms a little lower if feasible, helps with drift and not wasting chemicals.
124 w/hydraulic lift
782 w/mounted sprayer
2284 w/54" mowing deck
Old 08-02-2017, 11:26 AM

Default Reworked the sprayer attachment.

I lowered the boom down to the bottom of the uprights like everyone suggested. After I thought about it, I don't know why I mounted it up high in the first place. I used the upper holes to mount a couple spring clips to hold the wand. I like this setup a lot better, thanks for the input. Ray
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1112.jpg (36.9 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1113.jpg (38.7 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1114.jpg (40.6 KB, 136 views)
Old 08-02-2017, 04:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatpickerray View Post
The plug is a marine grade plug and receptical rated at twenty amps. It also has a screw on keeper so it don't come unpluged. I debated long and hard about drilling a hole in the fender. My thinking was-- if someone after me wants to restore it, it wouldn't be too hard to patch the hole.
I didn't really want to drill the dash and I saw that convenient spot so I used it.
I don't know what you mean about a ground, it's just positive and negative and they both go through the plug.
I thought you just used a 12V power plug. (Cigarette lighter style.) Seems like you used something better. Good deal.

I wasn't chastising you about drilling the hole in the fender. I have a 4 pole round trailer plug on the fender of my 1811, and I mounted lights to the fender. Like you, I figure if that stuff is ever removed, it would be easy to patch the holes. Much easier than trying to straighten a fender that got smashed in the rear from running into things..... (Bought tractors with smashed fenders right on the creases.... what a PITA to fix. )

Anyway, I drilled holes in the lower dash panel for toggle switches on the 1811. Two for the lights, and I used the lower right hole where the PTO switch is on yours for a toggle for the rear plug. Just a thought. I use my hydro stop knob so I for me mounting a switch there is no good.... plus, I don't want to stick my hand in that area to flip a switch. Might hit the hydro lever, or the throttle. Again, just a suggestion.

On another note, if I ever have a rear PTO on my 982, I'd do away with that stupid switch on the lower dash for the rear one anyway. I'd probably mount an identical switch to the front PTO somewhere just for the rear one. Maybe I'd want to run both at the same time..... who knows. I just didn't like the way IH did that. JD just had two switches. One for the front PTO and one for the rear. I liked that better.