Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > IH Cub Cadet Tractors (GT)

Notices

Old 05-13-2017, 07:50 PM

Thanks! I'm happy so far, can't wait to try them out. I was worried they would look too narrow when I first saw them. It's also hard looking at it in the garage. I ended up getting them on amazon as the price was too good. I like supporting smallerish companies but we are on a tight budget with the new house. Plus we are going our honeymoon on friday. A year and half late lol, had to save money. I'll get the v61s for the front from Miller though

I was looking at some rattle can equipment paint at napa. They have school bus, old equipment and new equipment yellows. The school bus looked closest?? Anyone have any experience with those colors? The cub cadet cans are too pricey. I just want to start touching up things.
Old 05-13-2017, 09:52 PM
Grand Member

School bus or safety yellow is normally what matches the best from rattle can suppliers if you're going that route. It looks like you painted the diff cover with possibly the cub cadet yellow like tsc sells and that is not the correct yellow.
(2) Original, 100, 102, 124, 73, 800, #1 and #2 cart, brinly plows, disk, IH184, IH244, 1948 F Cub
Old 05-13-2017, 09:59 PM

Ha you have a good eye! I knew that color wasn't right as soon as a saw it. But it still looked better than nothing. I'll try the paint from Napa. I'm not worried about it being perfect. I just figured if I remove a part I should paint it. Except for the rear rims, since I was in a rush haha
Old 06-05-2017, 08:25 AM

Started a new thread for my mule drive problems. Besides the pto belt issues, it mows beautifully. Its crazy how good a job it does. Ive haven't adjusted it at all and the new rear tires work great! Next time I go the dealer ill pick up a used set of wheel weights too. The tractor has been running a lot better since I changed the points. It does seem to labor a little while running the mower so I think I need to play with the carb some. The bowl gasket is leaking so I just bought the whole rebuild kit. After that, I need to replace the front wheel bearings and work on tightening up the steering. I just need this to get me through the season as I plan on removing the engine for an overhaul this winter. But at the same time I cant ignore an issues that could cause damage or headaches down the road. I am starting to get a little overwhelmed haha. Its still gotta be better than a Lowes special, right? RIGHT!?

PS: I think Ive found a parts tractor/2nd runner
Old 06-05-2017, 07:29 PM
Grand Member

Pls don't paint it safety yellow. I know a kid that painted a whole Cub Lo Boy (154) safety yellow and it looks like a rolling parking lot security bollard.

(May 1970) 147 w/an IH spring assist, 48" deck, 42" blade, 1969 73, #2 trailer, 10" Brinly plow and (on loan) Dad's #2 tiller.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:46 PM

Is safety yellow different from school bus yellow? I'm not gonna be painting much anytime soon anyways lol
Old 06-05-2017, 11:18 PM
Grand Member

Just hopped on your thread. Congrats on the 107.
Tru Powers look good on it. Just the right amount of tire, you chose well.
I couldn't tell you the difference between the two paint colors, never tried either one. I've use the cub brand rattle can paint. It's nice stuff, but as you mentioned, not cheap.
I would NEVER go the rattle can route again after using the mix and spray paint. The hardener makes a world of difference in durability.

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 06-06-2017, 09:24 PM

Thanks! I really like the tires, can't wait to do the fronts but gotta get my mule drive and some other issues settled first. I'm not comfortable enough with my abilities to paint with a spray gun. I'll rattle can litthe bits and pieces and have someone who knows what they're doing spray the hood, fenders and bigger pieces. But that's more long term
Old 06-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nnero View Post
Is safety yellow different from school bus yellow? I'm not gonna be painting much anytime soon anyways lol
Much more 'highlighter' like than school bus IMO.

(May 1970) 147 w/an IH spring assist, 48" deck, 42" blade, 1969 73, #2 trailer, 10" Brinly plow and (on loan) Dad's #2 tiller.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:09 AM

Thought i would give an update since the mowing season is coming to a close. Overall, the 107 has been great considering how little Ive done to it. Had to replace the two mule drive pulleys, both belts and my voltage regulator isnt working. Also, I have a hydro leak that appears to be coming from under the seat area, wont know for sure until I look into it. The last time mowing one of the spindle bearing seized.

My plan is to address all the above issues this winter, along with new front tires, wheel bearings, seat, get brakes working, and just overall cleaning up and refreshing. Im also going to bring the mule drive bracket/hanger assembly to a friend to rebuild/weld to get rid of all the slop in it.

Will update with pics and progress as time allows.