Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 07:14 PM

Default New truckers regs.

Any truckers here , I just heard about the electronic logging regs , I wanted some rock at a garden supply , the guy told me the freight increase is prohibiting lots of items .
No more fudging the books huh!
Old 05-11-2018, 07:46 PM
Grand Member

Couple of weeks ago I drove from MA to Dayton, Ohio. I ran a paper log as it was a short term rental (less than 30 day lease) so electronic logging not required. Problem that I see with the current regs;

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulation...ce-regulations

is that they force you to drive more when you're tired just to get the max number of hours in before you have to stop instead of letting you drive when you feel like it and rest when you need to.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green 4 acres View Post
Any truckers here , I just heard about the electronic logging regs , I wanted some rock at a garden supply , the guy told me the freight increase is prohibiting lots of items .
No more fudging the books huh!
From what I heard the cost of freight is going up because the companies are having to pay more to get the drivers they need.

And your garden center guy should have said they are shopping around for a better price.
And not finding any better price, they would rather not stock any to sell their customers.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:16 PM

The Chicago tribune has an article on it

He is not reordering because his shipping costs rose 30%
Old 05-11-2018, 10:40 PM

Electronic logs are the best thing to happen for truckers. I drove for over 12 years. These companies will run a driver to death. Always if you get this load here or there, I promise i'll get you a couple a days off. "BULLCHITT".
Now with electronic logs a driver gets the time off he needs and deserves.
That's one reason I bought my own truck and leased to a company. That way I could chose the loads I wanted and I didn't have to deal with a dispatcher that had never drove a rig or even sat in the drivers seat of one.
Every truck on the highway has a big bulls eye on it waiting for it to be involved in an accident. And give your A$$ to god if a lawyer finds you doctored a paper log.
With electronic logs when your drive time or your on duty is up, you shut down and there ain't darn thing a company can say about it.

Vent over
Old 05-12-2018, 09:06 AM
Grand Member

You just heard about it??
Where you been the last 5 years??
The issue involved here has nothing to do w/logs.
All the crap these garden centers use DON"T PAY SQUAT to haul an that's why there is a shortage.
I made a living and bought and paid for 6 class 8 truck over the last 35 years and never had a log book issue.
Lease your rig to a decent company that will treat you right and get good rates on their hauls.
To many "hobby" ("truckers"??) out here running up and down the road for nothing just for the he!! of it and/or for the tax right-off
is part of what is holding the rates down.
Also, too many "drivers" and not enough "truckers", there is a difference you know!!
Sure glad NOT to be out there any more as I could not live with the new logs, a 14 hour clock you cannot stop or alter?? I'm too old school
Rant over....
Old 05-12-2018, 10:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
You just heard about it??
Where you been the last 5 years??
That was my thought. This is old news.
Don't worry, he probably didn't know. Takes a long time to get news in the underground bunker he lives in because he's scared of nuclear war.

http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=48136
Old 05-12-2018, 12:31 PM

https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/newsroom/e...bus-industries
Yeah big companies have had it for 15 years YRC ,
but as the guy I talked to explained now it is mandated and it was phased in , now Independents cant under cut the others ,he says there is a 30 % jump in his freight cost , on some items now . Likely the Iran oil thing too plays a part.