Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 04-14-2010, 06:55 AM

I work for a General Contractor in the DC area, been with this company 7 years now. I am also in training for the Sheriffs reserve program.

I love my PS3 and big tv. Growing up I did a bunch of hunting, fishing and crabbing.... Now I do not have the places to go hunting, time to go fishing, and I sold my crab boat.

I've built up a few trucks for four wheeling, a few old cars 71 Chevelle that I sold and an old 55 Plymouth.

Recently Married, 6 months friday. Bought my first house last year and moved from Southern MD to WV. Still new to the area and learning my way around. I hoping to find some hiking trails and camping places.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:16 PM
Grand Member

I also like to garden. I've got plans to start raising chickens for meat and eggs.nothing more I'd rather be doing!
Old 04-17-2010, 09:05 PM
Grand Member

Lets see...been a dispatcher for a trucking company in Eastern Ontario that runs long haul into Eastern USA with FTL & LTL weekly. We run 18 trucks in the USA, so I am responsible for getting them home to Ontario/Quebec each day. This has been my agrivating job for the last 10-1/2 years. Can't complain, it takes me 3 minutes to get to work ... IF I stop for the two stop signs! Pretty good money so close to home. If I could find a better job that paid the same - I'd be gone in a heart beat!

I am a furniture maker by trade, been doing that since I was 14...learnt it from my father...wish I could make a living doing this. Talk about relaxing compared to being on the phone for 10 hours a day! Would love to walk across my lawn to go to work making furniture.

Into ATVing, used to snowmobile a lot too, but don't get enough snow anymore to warrent the money spent to keep a sled around. Love to be outside taking care of my garden, flower beds and lawn. Enjoy cutting fire wood with no one around to bug me, just me, the dog, and a coffee on a frosty fall morning!

New to Cubbing....bought my first one in October of 2009 and love it. Would love to grab a couple more but I don't think I am ready for a divorce just yet! Been married for almost 8 years now, two step kids, dog and a cat. FULL HOUSE! :biggrin2.gif:
Old 04-17-2010, 10:37 PM

I'm a farm boy from MA. I live on a small farm and help with the equipment and raise dairy goats. I make maple syrup. I am a member of 4-H. I have my own woodshop and like making just about anything out of wood. I have a small buisness splitting and selling firewood. This helps pay for the tractors. I ride quads mostly on my farm and my grandpas wood lot. And collect cub cadets. And somehow manage to go to school and get good grades.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:12 PM

I work for an Excavating/General contractor.

I'm working on a large Mall re-development right now. Just about the only private job in the area.

I'm also a gearhead and have been into cars all my life. Manly a chevy guy but I've had some type of turbo Buick Grand National for almost the last 20 years now and just picked up an orig 33K mile 1964 Skylark last year.

I took a break from the cars (money pits) and started collecting WW2 firearms. I think I'm burnt out on that now so I'll be getting my turbo car out and should be running this summer. It has sat for 5 years and the other one hasn't seen the road in over 10 years.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0622ssss.JPG (87.2 KB, 285 views)
Old 04-21-2010, 12:53 AM

I work on semi trucks as a mechanic for our family trucking co. I also have a 100 acre farm that I grow wheat, corn, and raise horses. In winter I do small handyman side jobs and redo old tractors as well as cubs. Probably why it takes me so long to finish everything I start lol, too many irons in fire. Here is a pic of the Allis Chambers 7060 my brother and I just finished 2 days ago. Tthis is what it looked like before we started, haven't got a pic of it finished but will try to upload it tomorrow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rlo pics 9 010.jpg (65.0 KB, 121 views)
Old 04-25-2010, 10:28 PM

Wink what I do

Hi , I work for a convience store chain named Sheetz , I work on the gas pumps , I also fly RC airplanes and like to camp ,( but the wife calls it towing a house with ya ). Love to garden and play with the Cubs . Yard work at my house is a full contact sport, allways getting attacked by a tree , bush or animal that is trying to get in my garden.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:28 AM

I started out drafting/designing in-line scales for the railroad. Played the role reversal with my wife and wound up raising my 2 kids for the past 21 yrs. Fishing is my blood, along with tinkering in the garage. I only have 1 Cub. And it seems to have been the oddball that IH built. So I read as much as I can on this site to see what her brothers and sisters have become. She's very lonely and would love to hear from her siblings. (just kidding) Always room for levity. Not much else to do in suburbia. I do home remodeling on the side when it's available. So there's time in garage but not much to do.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricks View Post
I started out drafting/designing in-line scales for the railroad. Played the role reversal with my wife and wound up raising my 2 kids for the past 21 yrs. Fishing is my blood, along with tinkering in the garage. I only have 1 Cub. And it seems to have been the oddball that IH built. So I read as much as I can on this site to see what her brothers and sisters have become. She's very lonely and would love to hear from her siblings. (just kidding) Always room for levity. Not much else to do in suburbia. I do home remodeling on the side when it's available. So there's time in garage but not much to do.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:26 AM

Hey Ricks,

That picture of me was taken last year in Mt. Prospect..

Ever been there??