Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 11:24 AM
Grand Member

They do have a number of different types of attachments available. They even have what tractor model numbers each attachment fits. That is pretty much goof proof even for me. Question: Do the operation switches have to be mounted to metal for grounding or not.
With my son, EricR Super 2084 with 54" mower, 451 blower. 2086 with 3 pt hitch, 54 inch deck, 551 blower, 54 in brinly blade. A 4 digit original w deck. A 70 with deck. 2 102s both with 42 in decks, one with creeper, 1 36 inch IH snow thrower CW36, 1 42 inch IH blade. 149 with mower. 2072 w 3 pt hitch, Johnny bucket, 60 in mower, 451 blower. Jacobson GT 10 with mower. DR Lawn vac tow behind,Home made lawn roller. Brinly cart, 2 off brand carts and 1 home made cart.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
They do have a number of different types of attachments available. They even have what tractor model numbers each attachment fits. That is pretty much goof proof even for me. Question: Do the operation switches have to be mounted to metal for grounding or not.
No. They have seperate ground wires.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:17 PM

Do you have a link to their website? Awsome looking machine!
Old 04-01-2014, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry03061976 View Post
Do you have a link to their website? Awsome looking machine!
http://www.johnnyproducts.com/

Thanks. I bought the cub and the JB to move loads of dirt and spread gravel. It actually digs pretty good now with the extra weight.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:32 PM

I bought a Johnny Bucket probably about 10 years ago? It was one of his first and fit on the rear of the tractor via the sleeve hitch.

I had a garden I was putting in and needed a little drainage around it and dug a ditch, put my woven wire fence below grade, laid the drain tile and back filled with gravel.

I had never ordered gravel before and estimated I needed about 6-7 tons. I call the quarry and asked how much and they said, $30ish. I asked if it was a full load and they said no. Your paying same price half full or full. I asked and they said a full load was 16 tons - same price. I figured I could put some gravel on my driveway, so said bring 16 tons.

A few hours later my Wife called and said, there's a huge dump truck, they can't get the truck in the back yard - what to do? I said dump it I the front and I'll move it when I get home. OK. When I got home, there were two piles, each about the size of a VW Bettle - yikes!!!!

That's when I ordered the Johnny Bucket. I moved all that gravel with it and really didn't lift a shovel, except for ground clean-up.

Later he came out with a kit for front mount, which I bought. The bucket didn't lift hardly off the ground, but it got the job done. I even used it as a firewood hauler from the wood pile to the house. Easier than wrestling with a trailer.

I sold it after I traded a fellow a log splitter for a Wheelhorse 520H with about 160 hrs and a Kwik-Way loader even-up.

You'll like that bucket!

Bill
IH Cub Cadet 1650
MTD Cub Cadet LTX1042
Old 04-02-2014, 11:49 PM

I bought mine from a Sears that was closing for $250 because it was the floor model and a few small parts were missing. I used it last summer to spread a load of sand and this winter I used it to plow and move snow. It came with two long arms that made it a universal model for any tractor but also made it manual. I converted the lift function to work with the rock shaft arm and the dump function I mounted a control arm on the left foot mount. Here is a picture of it. The go for about $600 new. The last picture shows the rod attached to the rockshaft arm but I had to make a longer are attachment for it to get the full lift height. It works well because the dump function does not really need to be anything but a trigger although I did use the arm to keep the bucket in different vertical positions when I moved snow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mechanical side.jpg (34.4 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0087.jpg (37.5 KB, 224 views)
File Type: jpg hydro side.jpg (26.9 KB, 223 views)
Old 04-03-2014, 05:06 PM

After unloading a 3 yard trailer of wood mulch today with my CC & JB jr. I think I might be in the need for the electric tilt/dump actuator. The lift working off of the rock shaft is fine and once underway the height is not changed much like the bucket tilt. I might just order one of the ones from the web site and adapt it to my bucket. I do know that the speed of the tilt is very important because if you are trying to approach something and need to hit it just right the speed at which you can tilt it makes a difference. The lift is not nearly as critical. If any of you are going to order this bucket I would opt for the turbo model for the tilt actuator but not the lift. BTW here is the longer arm that I had to add to the rock shaft arm to get the full height of the bucket. I just fabricated an arm on the bucket and the extra arm on the shaft for about $25. Since the lift height is only about one foot the expensive lift actuator does not seem to be that necessary.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0086.jpg (29.2 KB, 210 views)
Old 04-04-2014, 11:46 PM

I just ordered the turbo actuator for the dump function for my johnny bucket and will let you all know how it goes. The length of stroke and the arm of the bucket determine everything so I am not sure yet how it will turn out. Pictures to follow. I know what picture addicts you are.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:03 PM

I ordered the turbo tilt/dump linear actuator for my bucket and will post pictures of it as soon as I get it to work.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:41 PM

I got the turbo dump actuator today and will start fabricating the brackets I need to attach it to my Sears bucket. I was reading some of the testimonials about the use of the JBjr and they look pretty good. I was amazed that some JD 318 people bought it when the hydraulics for the Buford bucket are already part of that tractor and the lifting capacity and height are so much better for less money! The weight for the Buford is 500 lbs and the height is about the same as the tailgate lowered on a pickup. Having had one I can vouch for the robustness of the Buford Bucket. If you don't have the hydraulic outlets though it is not the one to get. Pictures soon.