Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 04-15-2014, 11:55 PM

The 125 I had wouldnt even get the deck off the ground even when I moved good deck linkages off my 107 onto it. It turned out that the lift arms on the rock shaft were bent down. You could not tell that they were until the rockshaft was removed and set next to a different rockshaft. Given the rockshaft on a wide frame is stronger It is somthing to think about. Also isnt there some roll pins in the rock shaft. There could be worn down. It would only take a few degrees off to make a big difference.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
You keep mentioning the casters but are you sure they are in the correct holes? On some models the casters can be adjusted from real low to about three inches higher. Some people think that the casters should be on the ground all of the time but they are anti-scalping wheel and not bush hog tires. They should be set to about 1/2 to 1 inch above the ground depending on your ground.
Currently they are set to the second hole from the bottom - or one hole from holding the deck as high as possible. With the casters on the ground the blades are 2 1/2" up
2 - 1811's with 50C decks, one mows the other is waiting on deck, 129 (my sons retromod)-, hydro lift, custom 3 pt with a trailer ball , foot pedal speed control, used for trailer hauling. 129 (mower) 42" deck, foot control, 1810 with 44C - next in the slow death march of mowing the camp. a few 1200 series parts rigs. 2017 Kubota b2650 loader mid mower.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:36 AM

You might want to check the hydraulic ram to see if the chromed or shiney part of the piston arm is in/out all of the way when the deck is up or down to make sure that the ram is going out and in to its limits. Then with the deck lift arms in the full down position, deck unhooked, measure it and then without the deck hooked up raise the deck mechanism and then re-measure it. If the ram is working correctly and the lift system is not broken the distance between the two measurements should be the travel of your deck. This measurement will not be affected by the links and unless there is a whole lot of wear on the lift system you can tell quickly how much lift you should be getting. I was surprised by the small amount of lift that my 1811 has but when I did what I just explained I know that what I get is all I'll ever get from it. I did have to fill and redrill the two holes on the lift arms because they were worn out enough to make the deck unstable when mowing on a hillside. I found that I could gently push down on either side of my deck while on the driveway and it would move about an inch before the arm pins took up the slack caused by the worn holes.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:18 PM

Thanks for the ideas. The 129 is hydro lift and the piston does travel it's full movement. I am sure the accumulation of wear (this one has a ton and I only fixed a few wear areas) costs me some height. As for the overall travel, it has plenty. The problem is most of that travel is trying to lower the deck to a subterrain level. The newly installed rear hydro lift hitch is not even half way down when the casters hit the ground. The 1250 is manual lift but it's travel range is similar. The 1250 is going to get a goin thru to see if that can go higher. Must be a pill for that
2 - 1811's with 50C decks, one mows the other is waiting on deck, 129 (my sons retromod)-, hydro lift, custom 3 pt with a trailer ball , foot pedal speed control, used for trailer hauling. 129 (mower) 42" deck, foot control, 1810 with 44C - next in the slow death march of mowing the camp. a few 1200 series parts rigs. 2017 Kubota b2650 loader mid mower.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:39 AM
Grand Member

With one 1250 having a problem with height & I would like mine higher seems to be normal for this series? My only thought would be custom made hanger to compensate the deck to be raised higher? I don't know?

NIK,
Old 04-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Grand Member

I had to go to red paint to get the deck high enough!

Old 04-17-2014, 06:40 PM

I have a 44 inch deck on my 109 and a 48 inch deck (triangle shaped type) and around 3 to 3-1/2 inches was about what I measured one time. There's nothing where I mow that's consistently flat. Lots of bumps, rises and dips. So far so good - but if I lower it a tad, the decks scalp like crazy. I mow always with the deck in the highest position. I should look at the lift links on mine.

One thing that concerns me with mowing in the full up position is I don't believe there is any float. So if I bottom out the deck on something, I guess I could high centers the tractor vs the deck moving further up and out of the way.

I've got a Wheelhorse probably doesn't cut any higher than the IH's, but the deck is ground supported vs hanging from the frame - kind of like a Simplicity, but without the rollers. While the height of cut is determined by the rear deck wheels, there is plenty of room for the deck to roll higher if I hit a hump.

OTOH - you could take my Dad's approach from back in the day and set your height to whatever you want and after a few passes, the yard is level anyway... LOL!
IH Cub Cadet 1650
MTD Cub Cadet LTX1042
Old 04-18-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
I had to go to red paint to get the deck high enough!

"better dead than red!" sorry I couldn't help my self - and that from a guy with a green "smear".
Leeave96 - Even when lifted all the way the slot in the lift links should allow it to float over stuff.
and of course you can level it by mowing low, it's just the opposite of rolling the lawn
Old 04-26-2014, 10:33 PM

Here is some pictures from my 1811 in the up position. Nothing is bolted to the cylinder, the pin on the cylinder just pushes the arm. Is this correct?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0985.jpg (15.8 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0986.jpg (21.9 KB, 80 views)
Old 04-27-2014, 12:05 AM
Grand Member

Default Deck height problem solved.

Got about 2" more in my deck height on the # 1250.

The previous owner had a wider-turf tires on the back, although they looked correct they were the wrong size. It's hard to see comparing the 2 tires but I dont have to tinker around with putting or changing hangers.

The wider turf tire on top & proper tire under, you can see the difference.

Nik,