Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 01-30-2018, 10:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdheck View Post
No kidding. I've been looking for one for some time now. The words "food plot" are always in the ads I find. You're also right about the hunting. I never learned to hunt that way and I don't agree with many of todays "accepted" hunting practices, including running all over some ones ground on 4 wheelers.
You know where I stand on the issue! Your right about almost all the small planter ads saying "food plot". When searching, you get more results with those words than the model of the planter. Most of those guys don't even know who made the unit, let alone the model of the unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDoctor View Post
Looks pretty cool Jonathan. Nice to see attachments that will do jobs to big to be done by hand but too small to be done with a full size unit. I'm a city boy, but I can understand your happiness at finding something you've been looking for.
Thanks Stan!
I'm more excited about this find than I have been about the last several I've gotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oak View Post
Oh that is nice. I need to be on the lookout for one of those. Keep feeding us pics Jon.
It is nice! In really good shape! Keep an eye out. There are more left down your way than up here. The south kept the small equipment when the north went big. Smaller plots down there. Up here we have 1 mile by 1 mile sections of ground with only 2 or 3 houses on them. Still farmed in smaller fields, like 80 and 120 acres, but still mile square pieces of ground.

Pics will roll in until it's done!
Old 01-30-2018, 10:56 PM
Grand Member

Dude, you are the worst person ever. Here you have 2 mint condition and us poor folk here in HUMBOLDT haven't even got 1 in crappy shape!

Just kiddn, glad you got 1 for your operation! Now you just need a few more and you could build a Stack-Fold for your 982 to pull. What with that nice flat dirt y'all have out there!
1- 1864 in pieces
QA36A Thrower, #1 Tiller w/ extensions, IH windbreaker, IH wheel weights, 44C mower deck, 50C mower deck, CCC 54" Blade, GT46 high vacuum deck, GT54 deck, Cub Tripple Bagger, Custom dozer blade, Custom suitcase weights, 3pt cultivator, lawn sweeper, original R-Bucket
Old 01-30-2018, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue11 View Post
Now you just need a few more and you could build a Stack-Fold for your 982 to pull. What with that nice flat dirt y'all have out there!
Wouldn't that just be awesome!!! 3 row stacked, lol!

I want to build a disk too. Thought about making it a folding disk, just because, lol. Like 40" wide base with two 1' wings, lol. 2 blades on the front gang wing, and 3 on the rear. It would be so cool.
Old 01-30-2018, 11:09 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
I want to build a disk too. Thought about making it a folding disk, just because, lol. Like 40" wide base with two 1' wings, lol. 2 blades on the front gang wing, and 3 on the rear. It would be so cool.
Yea, lots of work!! Make it like the 596 HEAVY disk.
1- 1864 in pieces
QA36A Thrower, #1 Tiller w/ extensions, IH windbreaker, IH wheel weights, 44C mower deck, 50C mower deck, CCC 54" Blade, GT46 high vacuum deck, GT54 deck, Cub Tripple Bagger, Custom dozer blade, Custom suitcase weights, 3pt cultivator, lawn sweeper, original R-Bucket
Old 01-30-2018, 11:45 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
Thanks John!

Let's not talk about "deer hunters". Those SOB's are the ones who drove the price of these units through the roof!!! I've got nothing good to say about those guys. In my opinion, if you can't find it in the woods eating what god gave them to eat, you aren't a hunter. But..... I'll just stop there. I'm just so glad I found them for NOT $500 per unit. They were a "Lew" deal for the going rate they are right now.
Really? SOB's we are. Well Jon, I've been a "deer hunter" pretty much all of my life, and never thought of myself as a son of a bitch as you so eloquently put it.
Sounds like you and a few others have something against us SOB's planting food plots, and using/making something out of what you would have made into your garden equipment. And seeing I and many others plant them, we aren't true hunters.
I've been planting since 82 for wildlife before the craze became popular in these parts. Basically the planting we do isn't strictly for hunting over, but for the nutritional factors, and over winter feeding.
I've taken grain drills and cut then in half to make them more manageable for planting food plots. And made my money back selling the other half to the next guy that wanted to do the same. Doesn't everything go up in price when more people want something? Haven't the price of these old worn out GT's gone up since more and more people want them? Are they all SOB's too?
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with anyone over this, but just struck a nerve being referred to as a SOB for being a deer hunter, who plants food plots with equipment that you or someone else wanted to make into a garden planter.

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 01-31-2018, 12:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy1 View Post
Really? SOB's we are. Well Jon, I've been a "deer hunter" pretty much all of my life, and never thought of myself as a son of a bitch as you so eloquently put it.
Sounds like you and a few others have something against us SOB's planting food plots, and using/making something out of what you would have made into your garden equipment. And seeing I and many others plant them, we aren't true hunters.
I've been planting since 82 for wildlife before the craze became popular in these parts. Basically the planting we do isn't strictly for hunting over, but for the nutritional factors, and over winter feeding.
I've taken grain drills and cut then in half to make them more manageable for planting food plots. And made my money back selling the other half to the next guy that wanted to do the same. Doesn't everything go up in price when more people want something? Haven't the price of these old worn out GT's gone up since more and more people want them? Are they all SOB's too?
I'm not going to get into a pissing match with anyone over this, but just struck a nerve being referred to as a SOB for being a deer hunter, who plants food plots with equipment that you or someone else wanted to make into a garden planter.
Todd,
I sent you an email. You're not the type of hunter I was talking about.

Just for the record, and short explanation, there are a lot of rich city guys buying hunting ground down here for 3X's it's value (and paying big $$ for plot planters and the like) making it unaffordable for a garden guy, or a hunter who needs/wants the meat. These guys just want the trophy. They cut off the head, or antlers and leave the carcass to rot in the woods. Those are the SOB's I'm talking about. Trophy hunters, spending big time $$ to get a head to hang on their wall and not even giving the meat to someone who would eat it. No use for those guys. Todd, I know you eat them, or give to others who do. Guess I should have clarified. I'm like the guy who wants the meat. I shouldn't have to spend big $$ to have a planter to grow food. Again, sorry for my inconsiderate comment. Didn't mean to offend a good hunter. I don't ever say I'm sorry, as I don't usually care if I offend someone, but that literally wasn't what I meant when I said that. The hunters who waste the animal for the antlers really hit a nerve with me. Sorry buddy.
Old 01-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Administrator

OK Todd and Jon cool off no need to get PO'd at each other.
BX2670 with FEL
Old 01-31-2018, 09:45 PM

Well thought I’d be happy with a cat 0 plow, 1a tiller, 54” snow blade, and a QA-42a thrower....guess I’ll have to start looking for a planter now. Sweet find! Can’t wait to see it all done and more importantly, working!
Old 01-31-2018, 10:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
OK Todd and Jon cool off no need to get PO'd at each other.
Fear not Sam! Todd and I talked today. No one is PO'd at anyone. We are both just similar personalities, and vocal, lol. We're good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettrbomb View Post
Well thought I’d be happy with a cat 0 plow, 1a tiller, 54” snow blade, and a QA-42a thrower....guess I’ll have to start looking for a planter now. Sweet find! Can’t wait to see it all done and more importantly, working!
I can't wait either!
I'm just having a hard time deciding whether to make it 3pt, or sleeve hitch, or both. Thinking I'm going to get the 982 dug out and see if I can get it going to use it.

Only thing I did on the planter today was paint the new seed hoppers. Thinking I may go pick up a "plate tin" for plugging unused chimneys. Some of you will know what I'm talking about. They have a spring on the back that holds it into a round chimney, and usually some kind of sticker on the front with a picture on it, so it looks like a decoration, and not a cover. Just take the sticker off and paint it IH white. That way it will have a lid, and stay on. Cheap solution if I can find one that will hold on a 10" hole.

I have a pic, but I'll wait until I put the hopper back on. It'll be a few days. I used Van Sickle paint because it was easy and I had it. Takes that crap F-O-R-E-V-E-R to dry. I'm not doing a restore, I just wanted it to be close to the right color.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:01 PM

Jon, That is a nice unit, glad you found one. I can only echo what has already been said, show us the set up once done. And I happen to agree with you on the "friends" we have coming from the city. They scour I-57 and I-74 coming south to see what they can get their hands on and their feet into. Unfortunately, there are always the ones that spoil it for the "good guys."

'83 782 #723927
****original KT series 1 engine
****added dual hydraulics from older, donor 782
'04 SRC621
'95 Magnum (M18S) spare engine
****spec 24646
****s/n 2507913316