Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 09-19-2017, 07:37 AM

Default 1811 - Trying to Install Tiller

Trying to mount a 1a tiller on an 1811 and have everything BUT the plate that mounts on the rear end the tiller connects to. I think it's the plate that is part of the 3 pt lift, but not really sure what it's called. If someone could tell me what the correct terminology is, it might help me locate one easier and I can also post it in the wanted section.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:30 AM
Banned

The only way you can mount a 1A tiller to an 1811 is to make a custom adapter.

If you have a Cat O 3pt hitch, and the correct adapter, you can mount a 2B tiller.

I made my own custom mount system, and it works wonderfully.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:48 AM

I think I came across your custom plate while searching threads about this. If I recall right, I think you said it ended up looking almost like the plate that comes with a 3 pt? My thinking is it might beeasier to come up with that plate and modify it a little, rather than make the whole thing from scratch when I'm not even real sure it goes together in the first place. Complicated by the fact that the tractor is at my son's house and I can't just go out and look and cipher on it.

I'll do a little more digging - maybe find a pic somewhere that gives me a good idea on what it should look like. Then make something up from there. Thank you
Old 09-20-2017, 08:13 AM
Banned

I am not sure you quite understand what I did.....
It works similar to the adapter for a 3pt. But looks totally different. Finding one is difficult already, and then you would need a 3pt to use it with.

You better go get the tractor from your boy. I'm really good, but I still find it easier to work on something I can see. I never was good at telepathically building stuff.

One of these days I'm going to build some more of these adapters and sell them.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmola View Post
Trying to mount a 1a tiller on an 1811 and have everything BUT the plate that mounts on the rear end the tiller connects to. I think it's the plate that is part of the 3 pt lift, but not really sure what it's called. If someone could tell me what the correct terminology is, it might help me locate one easier and I can also post it in the wanted section.
Xtreme motorworks makes 3 point hitches, and the adaptor package to mount those old tillers on the 82 series. I was looking to make my 1a tiller work with my 1812, and I ended up buying the tiller adaptor from xtreme. Was going to make my own, like Jmech did, but decided it was easier to buy one. I had never seen one in person, only pics. Mine arrived in less than a week, and is really really nice. Just food for thought.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yettrbomb View Post
Xtreme motorworks makes 3 point hitches, and the adaptor package to mount those old tillers on the 82 series. I was looking to make my 1a tiller work with my 1812, and I ended up buying the tiller adaptor from xtreme. Was going to make my own, like Jmech did, but decided it was easier to buy one. I had never seen one in person, only pics. Mine arrived in less than a week, and is really really nice. Just food for thought.
Well yeah.... but $700 just to mount a tiller???
I guess you'd be able to mount other stuff too with the 3pt. But with a 1A, he still is going to have to buy the weld on parts for the tiller, or make his own if he puts it on a 3pt. The plate I made might have cost me $30.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
Well yeah.... but $700 just to mount a tiller???
I guess you'd be able to mount other stuff too with the 3pt. But with a 1A, he still is going to have to buy the weld on parts for the tiller, or make his own if he puts it on a 3pt. The plate I made might have cost me $30.
I know....I already had a 3pt. I did make my pieces to weld on. So 240 or whatever it was for the adapter to me was monies well spent. Plus he had 10% off going when I ordered.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:45 AM
Banned

That's still more than $30.

About 8 times more.....
Old 09-20-2017, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
That's still more than $30.

About 8 times more.....
Sure is. But having never seen one, and only grainy pics to go by, I knew my limitations. Justified it to myself, all is good

Probly would've been easier and less headache in the end to buy the model 400 (whichever one is self powered) that was about an hour away. But I didn't
Old 09-21-2017, 06:22 AM

I think you're right J-Mech, I'm NOT sure! Hahaha. And although a 3 pt would be very nice to have, I'm not gonna complain, but yeah I'm not spending 7 times the amount I spent on the tractor to mount a tiller. I discovered last nite that if I substitute 782 for 1811 I get a whole lot more pics when I google. So I'm gonna take a gander at some of those pics until I can tell what I'm looking at/for, get the tractor in front of me and turn loose with the angle grinder and welder