Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 10:46 PM
Banned

George, back when I last worked on a blower with a Tecumseh, (4 or 5 years ago) those China knock off's weren't around. I looked EVERYWHERE for a new carb. I ended up with that blower. Customer gave it to me and went and bought a new one. I may look it up now and see if I can get a new el-cheapo carb. If I can... that baby will be fixed and on C-list! (Probably next winter right after a big snow, lol!!)

Disisme:
Well, when you bury the front end into a snow drift, you have to let the thing chew it up and spit it out. You didn't include a video, so I will say that is normal. You said the issue started a week or so ago... so, does it run now like it did before? Better? Worse? If it's better, I'd say you're golden. If it's worse, you still need to work on it. If you don't know.... then run it and don't feed it so fast! LOL.
Old 01-26-2018, 10:08 AM

Those model Cub Cadet blowers had a lot of carb problems. I was looking at some used ones and researched problems. All carb related.

Dad's 122 w/42" cast deck, spring assist, lights,weights, rear lift
1250 w/hydraulic lift, lights,weights, spring assist.
50C deck converted to an A with front wheels
44C deck converted to an A with front wheels.
QA-36A
42" blade
Old 01-26-2018, 12:16 PM
Grand Member

New carbs are here.

https://www.ebay.com/i/132473346292?chn=ps

or the china version.

https://www.ebay.com/i/332517798799?chn=ps
Old 01-26-2018, 08:16 PM

For those that find it difficult to find parts this site in Canada has plenty http://www.c-equipment.ca/. I ordered a throttle control from him.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:03 AM

lots of carbs for Tecumseh on FeeBay. I am not a fan of the knockoffs, just got an NOS/OEM carb with mixture adjustments that I put onto my Deere 828D walk behind.... and, no, this is not an exact replacement going by the numbers from this particular engine, if it was it would not be adjustable.... but then again an exact one would put me at square one, meaning that I would still have the typical Tecumseh surge any time it runs but doesn't have an auger full of snow..... they were $68 when all the others I could find selling this same part number were $85 to (this is nuts) $145 in their listings.... got mine from a guy called "Captain never Sails".....
Old 01-31-2018, 11:27 PM

I went out to run the snowblower since last when I put the carb kit in it and it ran good for a bit then died. I didn't have a chance to do anything with it as I had to work niteshift. Here's the thing , last time when I put the kit in it basicly I set the mixture on the side of carb to about 1 turn out and set the float carb to what I think float was sitting level to body with carb flipped upside down, when I went to start it fuel overflowed and even came out the primer bulb. I tapped the float bowl and the fuel quit overflowing and after replacing sparkplug it ran good. I simply took it as float needle perhaps not seated and then it seated after a tap. I have read somewhere a while back to use a 11/64 drill bit to set the float height, is this accurate information for doing this? Also is one turn out a good starting point for air/fuel screw or standard fool proof for running?
Thanks for any help.
Old 01-31-2018, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
George, back when I last worked on a blower with a Tecumseh, (4 or 5 years ago) those China knock off's weren't around. I looked EVERYWHERE for a new carb. I ended up with that blower. Customer gave it to me and went and bought a new one. I may look it up now and see if I can get a new el-cheapo carb. If I can... that baby will be fixed and on C-list! (Probably next winter right after a big snow, lol!!)

Disisme:
Well, when you bury the front end into a snow drift, you have to let the thing chew it up and spit it out. You didn't include a video, so I will say that is normal. You said the issue started a week or so ago... so, does it run now like it did before? Better? Worse? If it's better, I'd say you're golden. If it's worse, you still need to work on it. If you don't know.... then run it and don't feed it so fast! LOL.
Thanks this was what I was thinking .
Old 02-01-2018, 12:00 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disisme View Post
I went out to run the snowblower since last when I put the carb kit in it and it ran good for a bit then died. I didn't have a chance to do anything with it as I had to work niteshift. Here's the thing , last time when I put the kit in it basicly I set the mixture on the side of carb to about 1 turn out and set the float carb to what I think float was sitting level to body with carb flipped upside down, when I went to start it fuel overflowed and even came out the primer bulb. I tapped the float bowl and the fuel quit overflowing and after replacing sparkplug it ran good. I simply took it as float needle perhaps not seated and then it seated after a tap. I have read somewhere a while back to use a 11/64 drill bit to set the float height, is this accurate information for doing this? Also is one turn out a good starting point for air/fuel screw or standard fool proof for running?
Thanks for any help.
11/64ths is correct. I turn the screw 1 1/4 turns to start. Ive worked on a ton of Tecky, mostly tillers and snow blowers. Back in my go-kart racing days, I ran hh60 tec and would regularly whip the day lites out of those B&S powered karts.
Old 02-01-2018, 04:47 PM

Thanks Dbuck I appreciate the help. Went out to do the needed work , reset the float proper to 11/16, set the air/fuel to 1-1/4 turns and before doing anything else just for whatever reason , I checked the gas, damn was out of gas. Are these big old CC's that bad on gas that they go through a tank after using it only a couple hours?
So filled it back up and tuned the a/f best I could which still was hovering around 1 turn out. Although the snow was quite heavy today the snowblower ran descent although it was bogging down quite easily, not to the point of stalling but it was smoling like it was running rich. I turned the a/f in a bit to see if it made a differnce leaning it out but it didn't seem to help.
Could be the motor is tired? Any ideas what the compression is on these 11/33's?