Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 PM

Default The misery you endure.....

What does eveyone do for a living?

I work for a steel roofing company, and run a small-medium construction business on the side.

Construction work all year round sucks! But money's good, plus we get lots of days off to ice fish and shoot things in the winter.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:40 PM

I grew up in the autobody business....family owned. At 28, with my boy on the way, found out I'll have to wait for the "kicking of the bucket" event.
Up until recently, I've owned my own shop doing concours quality restorations on (mainly) prewar cars. I love the business, but I never got big enough to not have to do mud work for 16 hours straight...so at 40....be 41 in march....called it quits.
Currently studying for the state liscensing exam for life insurance.
Hopefully pass it this week.
I would like to have time for my passions too....lots of fishing!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 10:05 PM

I am a carpenter, we do insurance restoration, (fire,water,wind and idiot damage) we work year-around. I have worked for the same company for almost 18 years and have only had 2 days off for lack of work. It was the first winter I worked and it was very cold out and the senior guys got the inside jobs. Its now my time to get the inside jobs once in awhile. Might find time to work in the barn on my tractors this year if I am lucky.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:31 PM

I was a union carpenter for a year. Lot's of metal framing, sheetrock, acoustic sealings etc. My dad's a journeyman/foreman for an interiors company. I deal with the idiot damage EVERYDAY!

Easton, I love to fish too. I'm not sure whether I like to ice fish or open water fish more, main target is walleyes, then crappie, then catfish. I'm lucky enough to have the Iowa river (best walleye fishery in Iowa) in the front yard, good cats too. I'm putting a pond in in the spring!

Old 12-01-2009, 08:40 AM

Stitch, I'm a cold water fisherman mainly....I have a passion for flyfishing for trout. But, the river in my backyard is so densely overgrown, I can only use my 4'6" ultralight w/2lb test.
The resevoir is 200yards away....full of state record L&sm mouth bass, pickerell, rainbow trout, white perch (we ran into a school of 2 lbers once), 2-3lb yellow perch, and rarely catch cats. My boy got one about 2 lbs last year...which is huge for up here.
I'm digging out a 1 acre section on my property where there are two springs bubbling up, when I get the loader/backhoe situation figured out.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:50 AM

I have been working for Penn Dot since 1994.Been plowing I-80 for the last 10-11 years now...This is my winter daily routine...

1200 Cub cadet (Red)
LT 1042 Cub Cadet
1200 Cub Cadet
165 Hydro John Deere
1941 John Deere H
1950 David Bradley 5756
1952 David Bradley 57561 Super Power
Old 12-01-2009, 11:28 AM

I manage the only brick producing plant in Michigan. The corporation owns about 7 plants in the East Region, another four or five in Texas and some plants in Canada-heh. At full output we are capable of producing about 86 million brick/year but with the current economy we have been producing about 12 to 14 million/year. We have two Harrop tunnel kilns with about 86 natural gas burners on each. We have only had one kiln running for about the last 5 years. Don't know when we will see the second one fired up. Our product is made from a shale based material mined on our own property here. This is also the site of Michigans first coal mine. That was quite a while ago! This location went from coal production to vetrified drain tile and then to brick.

I started here as an electrician with a degree in Digital Electronics back in 1986. I quickly found out that the +/- 5 volts DC is a long way from 480V three phase!! Worked my way from being an electrician to a production supervisor, then to maintenance manager, then superintendent and finally to manager.

Rob

It's so nice out.....I think I will leave it out!
Old 12-01-2009, 06:13 PM

After working for Sears for 24.5 years advanced to assistant autocenter manager after 2 years job eleminated.Went to work for Ford dealership
now Ford Lincoln Mercury dealership for the last 14 years.Dealership today
celebrated 40th aniversary
Old 12-01-2009, 06:47 PM

i work in a junk yard that my friends family owns, i cut up cars and trucks with a cutting torch all day or run equiptment.... the junkyard started out of having a big garage along the main road so all the cars that never got picked up or wern't salvageable they put out back... that was over 40 years ago... its grown! i also work in the garage whenever they need a hand. its more of a utility position.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:32 PM

Default Making a Living

I was a carpenter for several years, belonged to the union up in Chicago back in the 70s. Then I moved south, where I worked as a carpenter when I could get, and worked as a mechanic when I couldn't. I got hurt on the job and had to give the construction work, so I went to work in maintenance at the local Briggs and Stratton plant. In 2006 they moved the plant to China, now I work as a substitute teacher when I can, lotsa time to garden and play in the shop with the cubs, not much money to do it with, maybe this economy will turn around one these days.

Cadet Farmer