Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 07-17-2014, 07:41 PM

A BIG THANK YOU to all the moderators.
1977 1650 with cast iron lower grill housing, cast iron oil pan, 54" push-snow blade, rear blade, disc-harrow, 44c and 48" decks, Two cultivators, #1 tiller with both extensions, loaded tires, 75' weights and chains, #2 cart.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:00 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdustdad View Post
While the Mods are deliberating, I'll chime in apolitically.

Dusted off my Dillon Square deal and loaded about 1000 rounds of 9mm over the past couple of evenings. "About" 1000 because I didn't count all the primers I spilled on the shop floor in the process...tiny little buggers.

Having a hard time finding powder in the local shops, though, but primers and bullets and brass readily available.

Got a pile of .223 brass ready for the Rock Chucker.

Anybody else reload?

Oh, I had to clean Cub parts off the bench to set up the presses. (cub cadet content just in case).
Yes I do reload. I have two threads on another forum going over step by step instructions using a single stage press for both center fire rifle and center fire pistol ammo. My words, my pictures and yes, you can share that will your friends.

I'm also a NRA Life Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff in Pa View Post
I did a couple threads on another forum with step by step instructions for reloading.

Center fire rifle ammo
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/o...ifle-ammo.html

Center fire pistol ammo
http://www.thevettebarn.com/forums/o...stol-ammo.html
Old 07-17-2014, 08:35 PM

Havent reloaded for some time now but back a few years I picked up a Ruger #1 7mm STW before you could buy rounds over the counter, still have the Rock Chucker, case trimmer, scale... but they just collect dust.

any muzzleloader fans?... I have a Gonic 50mag and Knight 54cal, my property is zoned for archery, muzzleloader and shotgun so I tend to play with those more than the high power or handguns these days.
CCC 12.5 w/deck
Plus 35 or so non IH tractors
Old 07-17-2014, 10:58 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by olds45512 View Post
I agree, not everybody wants to be on 6 different forums and those saying that a little gun chat on a cub forum doesnt belong need to explain to me the reasoning for the general discussion area. Theres a thread going right now about off road vehicles pics and theres about a million forums dedicated to that subject. The mods will do what they want and thats there right but to those who say guns dont belong on the cub forum id like to point out that neither does most of the discussion here thats not cub related.
I was simply stating that any other forum I've been on that starts a gun discussion usually goes down in flames. Like I've said before, I don't have a problem with guns at all. It's a free country. But then someone will complain about a conceal and carry law and such and here comes the politics. Merk has been a mod before and has dealt with it. I think comparing four wheelers to guns is comparing apples to oranges. Gun rights and laws can get people more charged up than anything. I know I joined here to talk cubs and people can get off topic real easy. Never said guns don't belong here. Was just giving an opinion like everyone else. I really hope I'm wrong and the topic goes great for everyone seeing it's a sticky now. Everyone play nice and nothing will go wrong.

Diesel Cub Cadets...........
Old 07-17-2014, 11:27 PM
Grand Member

heres some before and after shots of my gsg 1911 22. the frame and slide are made of zinc so one day i stripped the black and polished it. the muzzlebrake is from cw accessories and is mostly for looks. in the future id like to cerakote it but im unsure on a color scheme. this gun is awesome to shoot, everybody ive ever let shoot has went out and bought one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20110525_182428.jpg (15.8 KB, 229 views)
File Type: jpg 1356373317179.jpg (20.9 KB, 229 views)
Old 07-18-2014, 02:10 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
heres some before and after shots of my gsg 1911 22. the frame and slide are made of zinc so one day i stripped the black and polished it. the muzzlebrake is from cw accessories and is mostly for looks. in the future id like to cerakote it but im unsure on a color scheme. this gun is awesome to shoot, everybody ive ever let shoot has went out and bought one.
Very nice alteration to the looks of the piece.
As for my opinion on this firearm discussion thread. I don't read gossip magazines, soap opera digest, inquirer rag to name a few, so if some are against this thread, do what I do in the check out isle, go on by it, out of sight out of mind. It's not like it is the first thing you see when you open the site.
Besides there may be some things learned from this thread that could save some of us a lot of headaches.
No one is force feeding anyone to read this thread, if it ain't your drink of choice pass.
I must applaud the mods for having some testicular fortitude to let it ride for now.

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 07-18-2014, 05:41 AM

Yes Thx to the Mods

I like forums that have OT areas, you can get to know ppl better and often find you have similar interests or hobbys, and sometimes you end up meeting ppl in person that become long time friends, we had a couple from Italy visit us years ago and we still keep in touch even tho we arent involved with the main thing that got us together in the first place.... and I found my Cub Lo-Boy because I went to meet a guy from a forum about a Ford mower deck... didnt know he had the Cub till I pulled into his yard... took me a year to talk him out of it.

Nice job on the 1911, at least we know you arent a crook.... they wouldnt like anything so flashy Im sure..lol

Handguns are a bit of a pita around here... cant take them anywhere without a bunch of red tape so I only own one right now... an old H&R Trapper .22 7 shot revolver that was my Pops, and probably the first handgun I ever shot.

I work in metal fab and made myself a couple target stands last year to put out in the field so I'll find a pic here in a sec... they have a 3/8" x 1" flat bar stand(rounded on the facing edge for safety) with a 3/4" round bar on top, with two swinging 1/4" x 5" steel stop signs(but I ended up prefering them yellow).... they work well for small cal rifles/handguns, the swinging action defects the bullets nearly straight down, I repaint them when ever they get too chipped up to see the hits. Have one set out east of the back deck on the house... the other is out south of the front deck... always something to poke at while Im waitin for a gopher to pop up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg target1.jpg (39.3 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg target2.jpg (23.9 KB, 216 views)
CCC 12.5 w/deck
Plus 35 or so non IH tractors
Old 07-18-2014, 08:33 AM
Grand Member

Nice job on the steel targets, i had a set that were store bought that i really liked but someone stole them. Steel targets are the best, i can only shoot paper targets for about a half hour before getting bored but with steel targets i can shoot all day and still be having fun.
Old 07-18-2014, 08:57 AM
Administrator

I need to make something like that, well done!
BX2670 with FEL
Old 07-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
How do you like your square deal? Ive been wanting to pick on up for my 45 acp but i keep spending the money on cubs.
I like the Square Deal press. It's only for pistol ammo and uses the Dillon dies, so it's not as flexible as the larger presses. I use it for .38/.357, 9mm and 44mag. I've had mine for 25 years. I don't use it very often, in fact, it's probably been 10 years since it was last used. I don't do a lot of shooting, too many other hobbies..cubs, boats, fishing, woodworking...But do enjoy a day at the range from time to time.

NRA member for 35 years.

I like the metal targets! We have a very nice silhouette range at the gun club down the road--along with 5 or 6 other ranges.

I have Ruger #1 in .223 with a heavy varmit barrel. It's an easy MOA rifle.

Looking now for a Mini-14 to play with.