Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 06:28 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob200521 View Post
To be fair, a lot of us are guilty of that. I am mostly a lurker on this forum any more, I guess since I got my Super mower and Cyclops snow pusher I got a couple good Cubs and don't need much help with 'em . That being said, I view a lot of threads but don't often comment. But, that's getting into another topic for another thread for another day.

Carry on, all
I’m not trying to say I’m better or anything like that.
My point is that people like to pass judgement out pretty easy and find fault with the way J handled things, but he did help a lot of people in this hobby.
He offended me on my first idea. I don’t think he was perfect. But this forum will be less without him.

O,100,72,102,123,104,124,105
(2)2182s w/60in Habans
Old 12-16-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C View Post
I am concerned about new members and promoting the hobby
I have welcomed nearly every new member since I’ve been here.

I’m not offended that you have nice things, just that you don’t ever tell another member that their things are cool and nice too. An idea that would serve you well.
Terry it is great that you are concerned about new members and promoting the hobby. It is also great that you welcome new members. As far as complimenting I absolutely do in the threads that I post in. If you notice that you have nearly 3000 post in 3 years and I have less than 500 in 6 years. I do not post just to post my time is limited. That does not make me a bad person. I am not a cub cadet expert so I post on what I know my cars and my supers. The relevant part to this thread is when I do post I do it with respect to all other members. I do not talk about my previous occupation on this forum but I have privately helped several members with health issues that were having a hard time getting help and answers. So we can all add something to the forum in our own way.
1872 3pnt, 44" deck, Brinly Plow, 54" Power Angle Plow
2072 3pnt 50" deck, Brinly Plow
2072 50" deck
Cub Cadet Tank 50 Zero Turn
Cub Cadet 33" Commercial Walk Behind
1953 Ih Cub with just about every implement
New Holland TC33D with Loader and Backhoe
Old 12-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C View Post
I’m not trying to say I’m better or anything like that.
My point is that people like to pass judgement out pretty easy and find fault with the way J handled things, but he did help a lot of people in this hobby.
He offended me on my first idea. I don’t think he was perfect. But this forum will be less without him.
I wasn't trying to say you were better or anything like that.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to have some thoughts J-mech is a great a guy if you get to know him. I'd buy him a beer if he was here right now. He'll take the time, help you, walk you through things, explain them, etc. But I think that he got to a breaking point with

1) people asking the same basic question (I'm out of gas, what do I do?) over and over and over and over again.

2) People arguing with him over things (someone asks how to adjust a carb, he tell how to do it, they argue).

That being said, again, all seem to be in overall agreement. He is such a smart and wise man and that's a great thing that if, IF, he doesn't return, will be missed. However, that was scarred by the fact that he has little patience and social graces. Could he have been nicer? Yes. Could he have been more patient? Yes. But he knew what he was talking about and as other have said, if he leaves for good, he'll be missed.

John, please let us know what's going on!

Old 12-16-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob200521 View Post
I wasn't trying to say you were better or anything like that.

Now that I think about it, I'm starting to have some thoughts J-mech is a great a guy if you get to know him. I'd buy him a beer if he was here right now. He'll take the time, help you, walk you through things, explain them, etc. But I think that he got to a breaking point with

1) people asking the same basic question (I'm out of gas, what do I do?) over and over and over and over again.

2) People arguing with him over things (someone asks how to adjust a carb, he tell how to do it, they argue).

That being said, again, all seem to be in overall agreement. He is such a smart and wise man and that's a great thing that if, IF, he doesn't return, will be missed. However, that was scarred by the fact that he has little patience and social graces. Could he have been nicer? Yes. Could he have been more patient? Yes. But he knew what he was talking about and as other have said, if he leaves for good, he'll be missed.

John, please let us know what's going on!
Ryan I guess if I'm in for a penny I'm in for a pound. Jon came at me many times and never once was it because I ask a question over and over or argued with him on how to fix something. He came at because of my way of doing things that had nothing to do with tractors or repairs. He came at me because I gave my son a car for graduation, he came at me because I have a ford truck, He came at me because of my Mustangs. It got to the point where he came at me on almost everything I posted so pretty much stopped. Then he would close the thread and delete the post. He may know tractors but he sure is not an expert on my life and family or anyone else's on this forum. He just had to be right no matter what. If you look back you'll see Sam said the same thing. I tried to say this with tact but it is getting old. Really this is bullshit I don't care how good of a mechanic he is He was rude and a bully and got off on putting people down especially newbies. If it didn't bother you that is fine but it bothered a lot of other people and a lot stopped posting or left.
1872 3pnt, 44" deck, Brinly Plow, 54" Power Angle Plow
2072 3pnt 50" deck, Brinly Plow
2072 50" deck
Cub Cadet Tank 50 Zero Turn
Cub Cadet 33" Commercial Walk Behind
1953 Ih Cub with just about every implement
New Holland TC33D with Loader and Backhoe
Old 12-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Administrator

OK this thread is done.
BX2670 with FEL
Closed Thread