Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 01-19-2015, 10:57 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c11 View Post

That looks photoshopped to me sir. Oh wait ...
I am gonna say that ad was "photoshopped".
The right hand blade is missing about 6 or 8 inches of grass!
Old 01-19-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j4c11 View Post
Should be fine on Bermuda, it needs to be cut to 1" so you don't need much suction. But while you're at it , think of some other potential money makers. Bermuda requires frequent dethatching, and so a tow behind dethatcher might pay off quickly. Spring is also a good time to plug aerate tall fescue lawns, and even at $60 a yard a tow behind aerator will pay itself off quickly. If you plug aerate you will also want to put down some pre-emergent in tall fescue lawns to prevent all the weed seed you just pulled to the surface from germinating. Extra $. You will also be plug aerating tall fescue in the fall and Bermuda in the summer. Fertilizing could also be part of the maintenance program, charge another $20 on top of actual cost to spread it. Overseeding tall fescue lawns in the fall is big $, to the tune of $300-$500 a yard, depending on size - a tow behind sweeper will help make that a breeze and may be used for leaf cleanup in the fall as well , more $. Just a few extra things your son can offer now that he has a tractor to use.

That looks photoshopped to me sir. Oh wait ...
He is only 13, some days I have to fight with him to do the simple things. Baby steps here. But I do see and understand what you are getting at. I just want him doing something productive while out of school for the summer. I also make him pay for things he wants, I take care of the things he needs. So having a few low maintenance yards will get him started in the right direction, he can have a job when he is 16.
Old 01-19-2015, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardNoggin View Post
He is only 13, some days I have to fight with him to do the simple things. Baby steps here. But I do see and understand what you are getting at. I just want him doing something productive while out of school for the summer. I also make him pay for things he wants, I take care of the things he needs. So having a few low maintenance yards will get him started in the right direction, he can have a job when he is 16.
Don't underestimate the power of yellow fever! People around here make up work just to get some seat time
Old 01-19-2015, 04:04 PM
Grand Member

My 48" does not have the baffles (those circular things that go behind the blade that are usually missing on every old triangular mower deck used at least once) and IMO they aren't necessary. I've mowed with other mowers than the triangular ones and they don't work as good.

(May 1970) 147 w/an IH spring assist, 48" deck, 42" blade, 1969 73, #2 trailer, 10" Brinly plow and (on loan) Dad's #2 tiller.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:54 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
I am gonna say that ad was "photoshopped".
The right hand blade is missing about 6 or 8 inches of grass!
It's from the advertising section. Did they have photo shop back then?
Yeah I know if looks to good to be true

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 01-19-2015, 10:00 PM

On my deck I took them off because I noticed it clogging the chute with my Kentucky Bluegrass . So since id taken them off I no longer have that issue and my grass is cut at 4" . Ive tried putting them back on a year ago and decided it really doesnt need to be there for me so I left them off. Id say try cutting the lawn and see how it cuts then decide for yourself.
Old 01-20-2015, 06:20 PM
Grand Member

IMO the circular baffles were originally in place to keep the clippings going out the discharge chute. All of the decks I've used do not have the baffles and the grass clippings mainly come out of the discharge side, but some are left directly behind the mower when driving forward. Never thought it was a big deal as I don't sweep/collect my grass clippings.

(May 1970) 147 w/an IH spring assist, 48" deck, 42" blade, 1969 73, #2 trailer, 10" Brinly plow and (on loan) Dad's #2 tiller.
Old 01-20-2015, 07:46 PM

[QUOTE=drglinski;306376]IMO the circular baffles were originally in place to keep the clippings going out the discharge chute. QUOTE]

If this is the case, then why does the deck have a discharge chute? The circular baffles in the deck allowed the blades to create suction to pick up the grass as it goes under the deck, and then to be cut evenly. If anything, the baffles HELP move the cut grass out the discharge chute...
Old 01-20-2015, 07:55 PM
Grand Member

[QUOTE=IACubCadet;306395]
Quote:
Originally Posted by drglinski View Post
IMO the circular baffles were originally in place to keep the clippings going out the discharge chute. QUOTE]

If this is the case, then why does the deck have a discharge chute? The circular baffles in the deck allowed the blades to create suction to pick up the grass as it goes under the deck, and then to be cut evenly. If anything, the baffles HELP move the cut grass out the discharge chute...
Hee hee...should have proof read before posting. What I mean to say was to aid it in discharge.

OOPS

Old 01-20-2015, 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=drglinski;306399]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IACubCadet View Post

Hee hee...should have proof read before posting. What I mean to say was to aid it in discharge.

OOPS/
Its all good.