Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Implements and Attachments

Notices

Old 07-26-2015, 03:08 PM

not sure what pump mine has, but it was stock to the sears loader setup, so I assume the one your talking about. If your going to buy a new pump, i'd buy the biggest you can afford, my one complaint is that the loader seems slow to cycle.

My setup does have a filter that's on the return line, and it's mounted to the drivers side downtube. Looks to be a standard automotive style remote filter plumbed in.

Cadplans Caddigger
qa36a blower, tiller, and snow blade
Gannon Earthcavator
Old 07-30-2015, 06:31 PM

Couple more pics from today's progress on the front supports.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg build16.jpg (25.0 KB, 269 views)
File Type: jpg build17.jpg (28.8 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg build18.jpg (19.0 KB, 267 views)
Old 08-02-2015, 08:36 AM

Need some advice on replacement bucket cylinders. The original ones as previously discussed are in need of serious repair, it will be less expensive to replace them. Found cylinders on Surplus center that are close but not exactly the same as original in length and stroke dimensions.

Originals are 19-1/2" in retracted length with a stroke of 7.5", I can find cylinders with the same length (19-1/2) but they have a 14" stroke http://www.surpluscenter.com/Brands/...-9-4410-14.axd or cylinders with a 17-1/2" length and a stroke of 12" http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraul...-9-4410-12.axd. The original cylinders also had two holes on one end, I would assume this was to give different curls for different buckets? I have the small round back bucket.

My thinking so far is to go with the shorter cylinder and shorter stroke (17-1/2 x 12), which comes close to the stock dimensions but a little longer stroke. I would simply have more curl up/down to the point of the bucket contacting the arms and still having piston shaft showing all the time.

I could wait till I have it all mounted up and manually move the bucket through this range of motion to find the best replacement but was hoping someone with this same Kwikway loader could run their bucket taking these dimensions into consideration and offer up some thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:03 AM
Grand Member

TO THE OP. you were commenting on the speed of your loader. One other thing im curious about is your remote joy stick control. Is it fully extending and contracting the spool valve? Ran into that before, similar results
Old 08-04-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue11 View Post
TO THE OP. you were commenting on the speed of your loader. One other thing im curious about is your remote joy stick control. Is it fully extending and contracting the spool valve? Ran into that before, similar results
not the OP, but guessing this was addressed at me. The answer is not really sure, how would I tell? I've never touched hydraulics prior to putting the loader on the cub, so still learning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucepts View Post
Need some advice on replacement bucket cylinders. The original ones as previously discussed are in need of serious repair, it will be less expensive to replace them. Found cylinders on Surplus center that are close but not exactly the same as original in length and stroke dimensions.
Sorry, can't help you as my loader is down with the blown motor.

Cadplans Caddigger
Gannon Earthcavator
Old 08-04-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
looks good.

Amazing how long these stupid brackets take to make, isn't it?

Cadplans Caddigger
Gannon Earthcavator
Old 08-11-2015, 10:26 PM

Today's progress, brain storming my down supports coming up. Lack of $$$'s is going to put a hold on more progress in the near future on my pump/cylinder/hoses purchase.

That will give me time to get all the final welding done and some gussets installed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg build19.jpg (29.4 KB, 182 views)
Old 08-16-2015, 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originals are 19-1/2" in retracted length with a stroke of 7.5", I can find cylinders with the same length (19-1/2) but they have a 14" stroke http://www.surpluscenter.com/Brands/...-9-4410-14.axd or cylinders with a 17-1/2" length and a stroke of 12" http://www.surpluscenter.com/Hydraul...-9-4410-12.axd. The original cylinders also had two holes on one end, I would assume this was to give different curls for different buckets? I have the small round back bucket.

My thinking so far is to go with the shorter cylinder and shorter stroke (17-1/2 x 12), which comes close to the stock dimensions but a little longer stroke. I would simply have more curl up/down to the point of the bucket contacting the arms and still having piston shaft showing all the time.

I could wait till I have it all mounted up and manually move the bucket through this range of motion to find the best replacement but was hoping someone with this same Kwikway loader could run their bucket taking these dimensions into consideration and offer up some thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
bruce i am going to change out my bucket cylinders because they dont travel far enuff for bucket to dump all the way when loader fully raised wich maks no sense since its self leveling putting on 12 stroke i scored off of ebay a few years ago used for 15 bucks a piece i would advise using a longer stroke as your loader looks like mine
Old 08-16-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
bruce great looking work what are the tops of the supports meant to have bolted to the ? pump?
Old 08-16-2015, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt383mag View Post
bruce great looking work what are the tops of the supports meant to have bolted to the ? pump?
The arms from the top of the rear uprights will drop down to the supports and be bolted fast. I have to pickup some tube to make the down supports.

I put the bucket on to have a look at the cylinder length and found that the front arms to the bucket must be cut short and new 1/2" holes were drilled not 3/4". When I purchased this "project loader" it was not put together and I assumed it was normal, I know now I bought a project someone else was not able to get working.

Appears the arms are cut 2" shorter than normal as by measurement a 17-1/2" cylinder would just fit with little to no curl up when the bucket is sitting flat.

If someone could take a measurement of their Kwikway loader front arms from the bottom of the side gusset plate to the bottom hole or the lower pivot welded to the loader frame at the top of the front arm to bottom front hole I would be grateful! I can see now from pics my arms look shorter.

Looks like I will have to cut and add more length to the tubes to get them back to working length.

I keep pressing forward . . .