Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 03-12-2016, 07:23 AM
Grand Member

Aw hell we all have a bad day @ times.
Like some of you folks, I type with 1, or 2 fingers maybe.
I never had typing in school back in the 50-60's
So it is a hunt and pick system, it takes me a long time to put down my thoughts, as far as spell check, I find it very helpful, but it just is not as smart as we are, inasmuch as a lot of terms that we use, that have a technical meaning it is unable to understand.
I get red wiggly worms under my words.
I 'pose there might be a program that some Bill gates type has to correctly spell them.
But like others have said, we all larn iffin we ax quistions

I will always remember the one where a very educated man was awaiting a tow truck on the side of the road,as the lug nuts has loosened and were lost,
allowing the wheel to fall off.
He was very late for an important meeting.
A young challenged boy came by on a bicycle and asked what was going on?
and the gentleman explained the situation.
The boy stammered a bit but told the man best he could, to remove 1 nut from the other 3 wheels and he could be on his way.
Now I don't know if it is true, but it just goes to show, no idea or person is insignificant.

Now how the hell do we get a program it fix those pictures that post down side up or sideways? I tried turning this ol laptop sideways, but the picture looses it's correct giggle pixies and looks funny,like a hollow-gram
Old 03-12-2016, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Now how the hell do we get a program it fix those pictures that post down side up or sideways?
There are many out there. The one I use and have used for 10+ years is this one. It is called Irfanview - http://www.irfanview.com/.

It does numerous things to include: process different image formats, resize, and rotating (including "custom fine rotation"). This is the program I use to straighten out images on here when I have to.

Reading your story about the boy really comes down to "common sense". It really doesn't matter upon intelligence, it is something that is sadly disappearing in our country today.

BTW....I do use the spell check feature that is provided here on OCC all the time. I find it very useful as I preview my posts to catch any boo-boo's, before I hit the submit tab.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA
Old 03-12-2016, 07:43 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'George View Post
Now how the hell do we get a program it fix those pictures that post down side up or sideways? I tried turning this ol laptop sideways, but the picture looses it's correct giggle pixies and looks funny,like a hollow-gram
Yu just upload the dam pic and use Win ho paint to turn them, Then post back the POS and see ya did it! LMAO
1976 1650/QA42A blower/44A deck/standby
1976 1450TS/Sleeve hitch/44A deck/in storage
1963 100 (red)/in storage
2010 Kubota 2380-2/42" infinity deck (engine swap)
Old 03-12-2016, 08:01 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkull View Post
Yu just upload the dam pic and use Win ho paint to turn them, Then post back the POS and see ya did it! LMAO
Glad I no gotts a smarty fone, I gotts kodiak kamra so no problim
jus getting hard to git dat 620 filum an nobodies devolip it no mo'
Disclaimer:
No offence to anyone just trying to get folks to spit coffee on their communication devices Ha,LOL
ok,
gotta go milk the chickens and collect eggs in the dairy barn.
Old 03-12-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Disclaimer:
No offence to anyone just trying to get folks to spit coffee on their communication devices Ha,LOL
ok,
Dont foget that chic wit one teet!
Old 03-12-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Disclaimer:
ok,
Don't ever get tired of posting on here... You sir are a hoot! Ifs I hads cofeeee in me mout Is wood has spit it out on me screan! Lol!
982 with 3 PH, rear pto, front & rear hydrs & ps, 1772 w/3 point, rear PTO, 86, 2 Haban 60" decks, Haban 54" snow/dirt blade, Brinly Cat 0 Disk, 5' blade & 2 Cat 0 Plows, SpeeCo Cat 0 plow, Sears cat 0 Cultivator, Cat 0 CC 442 Tiller, 60” rear mower, 450 blower
Old 03-12-2016, 03:36 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy1 View Post
Not looking to piss in anyone's Cheerios, so let's get that out of the way. I'm guilty as the next person, where I spell one word that means something else, but you know what I'm talking about...
But if you (you, as in a poster) are asking a question how are those that you ask to help supposed to understand unless it's clear to the reader of said post? "How to post a question"
Spelling isn't one of my high points, but it's at least a good thing to get it close. Again so that those that are reading it can understand what they are talking about. I NEVER understand the I guess they are texting shorts for words. IIRC, is one I do know, and that's about it.
Just take your time and think about what you're wanting to ask, use punctuation every so often, and let it roll. I type with one finger and thumb, so there is no speed typing which makes mistakes/errors less. Plus spell check helps out.
For the record, I used spell check (6) six times for this post, and most words are at least an grade school level... it is what it is, just take your time and enjoy.
Todd, no offense taken from my end. And I totally agree with the IIRC's and TTYL's. There's a time and place for them. BTW() I don't eat Cheerios either.

I understand the importance of asking a question correctly, but I was referring the the sticky on how to post questions. What did we do from the beginning of time with forums? Asked questions and posters would lead the OP down the right path. We didn't have to be told how to ask questions. And most all other forums I'm on don't have this. It's water under the bridge anymore. Where myself and others have a problem is calling out people on their spelling, dragging them through the mud, and basically ridiculing them on a open forum. That's plain wrong. Some can't help it, even with spell check, etc.

I'll end with 2 points for all:

If you (anyone on the forum) read a thread and don't like it or how it's worded, you (anyone of the forum) do not have to post in it or answer the question, just keep moving.

And finally, I think an apology should be given to the OP. The OP shouldn't have to apologize or feel bad. This is just my opinion, but I feel it's the right thing to do. (Once again, not directed at you Todd, just a blanket statement).

It's all about treating each other with respect and respect will be reciprocated.

Diesel Cub Cadets...........
Old 03-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Grand Member

Josh,

It is never a question of who is right, but what is right. I agree with what you said in your last post above mine. Often, I have tried to be the peacekeeper when I see things going south. The result is always the same, it polarizes our members on this forum. I am not happy with the direction this thread has taken. In fact, I am tired of it and am just down right disgusted and frankly, just give up. This is not the forum environment that it used to be.

Cub Cadet 123
Old 03-13-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Cadet 123 View Post
Josh,

It is never a question of who is right, but what is right. I agree with what you said in your last post above mine. Often, I have tried to be the peacekeeper when I see things going south. The result is always the same, it polarizes our members on this forum. I am not happy with the direction this thread has taken. In fact, I am tired of it and am just down right disgusted and frankly, just give up. This is not the forum environment that it used to be.

Cub Cadet 123
Well said. /\ /\
Old 03-13-2016, 11:30 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub Cadet 123 View Post
Josh,

Cub Cadet 123
Very well said and I couldn't agree more. Your whole post pretty much sums up my feelings and the point I was trying to make. Alot has changed from when I joined, too. Kudos.

Diesel Cub Cadets...........