Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 07-19-2014, 09:44 AM
Grand Member

Default My favorite toy

Fully registered AK-7.62X39

Sound does not keep -up low res. camera setting. But you'll get the drift.

http://vid210.photobucket.com/albums...souriStyle.mp4
Old 07-19-2014, 10:13 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post

You could get a .22 mag roller for it too.
Its called a cylinder
Old 07-19-2014, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zippy1 View Post
Would Ruger be the one up front?
I also have a Ruger, black lab that goes well with the iron.
Yep... hes a newfoundland/retriever cross, didnt get him for hunting... or train him for it... but he goes for any bird I bring down and handles them quite gently... sometimes prefers to deliver them to the back step rather than bring them directly to me tho...lol

Ive never heard anyone complain about the accuracy of the H&R revolvers before, usually ppl seem to like them... mine is a 1941... and it shoots quite consistantly so I dont have any complaints but I dont expect alot from it either... if I miss... its probably not the guns fault

When I was in the militia we used a little 9mm Browning with about 4.5" barrel... might as well gave me a slingshot.. but those were well used and abused firearms and condition affects handguns more so than a rifle I think.

For accuracy I stick to my 7mm STW with 140gr... I have an 8" round plate hangin 387 yards from the back deck, rarely miss it.... but living in alberta means theres rarely a calm day so calculating windage is sometimes a challenge.

Im still waitin to see some muzzleloader pics... heres my two...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mzloaders.jpg (27.8 KB, 254 views)
CCC 12.5 w/deck
Plus 35 or so non IH tractors
Old 07-19-2014, 10:33 AM
Grand Member

The gun on the bottom is beautiful, the stock appers to be the same as the one on my ruger.
Old 07-19-2014, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanceskene View Post
Yep... hes a newfoundland/retriever cross, didnt get him for hunting... or train him for it... but he goes for any bird I bring down and handles them quite gently... sometimes prefers to deliver them to the back step rather than bring them directly to me tho...lol

Ive never heard anyone complain about the accuracy of the H&R revolvers before, usually ppl seem to like them... mine is a 1941... and it shoots quite consistantly so I dont have any complaints but I dont expect alot from it either... if I miss... its probably not the guns fault

When I was in the militia we used a little 9mm Browning with about 4.5" barrel... might as well gave me a slingshot.. but those were well used and abused firearms and condition affects handguns more so than a rifle I think.

For accuracy I stick to my 7mm STW with 140gr... I have an 8" round plate hangin 387 yards from the back deck, rarely miss it.... but living in alberta means theres rarely a calm day so calculating windage is sometimes a challenge.

Im still waitin to see some muzzleloader pics... heres my two...
Nice Lance! 387yds is a darn fine shot in any province, and that includes Ontario!!!!!! I will post a pic of mine too.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:34 PM

Thx... the Knight is a 54cal MK 85... MK stands for Margret Knight(the makers daughter) and it was built in 1985. It has a .22 short barrel that screws inside the 54 with a simple change of the breach block, updated primer kit, few other original options.

the other one in the case is a Gonic 50cal magnum, usually if Im taking one mzldr Im taking both so they stay in the same box, wife has shot the Gonic a few times but she prefers her 870 slugger...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 870slug.jpg (24.2 KB, 247 views)
CCC 12.5 w/deck
Plus 35 or so non IH tractors
Old 07-20-2014, 08:26 PM
Grand Member

A good friend just sent me this target he shot today at 300 yards and with the LaRue Tractical OBR he used ( factory pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 300yards.jpg (18.3 KB, 228 views)
File Type: jpg 18_obr_profile.jpg (9.6 KB, 229 views)
Old 07-20-2014, 08:43 PM

i am going to buy another pistol soon. i am looking at a m&p shield springfield xd or a glock. in no hurry btw.has anyone had any experience with this pistols ?
Old 07-21-2014, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMCRUTCHER View Post
1022. Volquartsen Match receiver and bolt, KIDD trigger 3oz take up 3oz break. Leupold scope, Kidd barrel, AAC suppressor. Custom stock by me.

Shoots sub MOA and quieter than a church fart.Attachment 54268
That stock is beautiful. I REALLY like it. If I get another 10/22 I'll be looking for you to make me a stock. Ruger is now offering a 10/22 that is factory threaded for a suppressor and I really want one... We'll talk more later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mech View Post
I want to apologize. I hit the 6 instead of the 3 (number pad) and didn't catch it. Still an impressive shot, I agree. But I'm not sure that I could do it again. I will add, I was uphill from him, and I aimed quite a bit above him. It penetrated I'm sure, but couldn't reload before he ran away.
That makes MUCH more sense... I didn't want to call "BS", but 600 is WAAAAAY out there on a .22LR. I can't do it, but I'm sure some can. There are guys shooting a mile with $99 1891/30 Mosin Nagants!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris hall View Post
i am going to buy another pistol soon. i am looking at a m&p shield springfield xd or a glock. in no hurry btw.has anyone had any experience with this pistols ?
Ahem... Glock... The only way to go. That is if you like the "funky" grip angle, which I do! I'm just a natural with a full frame Glock. Like scary good for no good reason (I shoot well generally, but I'm very proficient with Glocks... You may laugh, but I think its because its closer to the Nintendo Zapper angle I grew up on w/Duck Hunt). You'll find Glock lovers and haters and not much in between. If you want to hear more from a lover, let me know. I DON'T like the XD's beaver tail safety at all. Hence Glock. I've fired a few full frame XDs and they were nice shooting pistols. Just don't care for more than the minimalist in that reguard. If I want safeties I'll pick up my old skull beater stainless Ruger P90. FYI - You can buy a fully USA Manufactured Glock (in certain models) now if that's part of your buying decision.

---------

As promised now that I'm off the craptop, some pics of some of mine!

Ruger 10/22 TD model with folding stock, QD sling mounts, QD scope mounts, $12 (stole it on clearance) Tasco 4x32(?) scope, and a BX-25 mag (I have a couple of those). This full size rife can fit in the center console of my Jeep and be totally assembled in about 30 seconds. It's broken down in the pic. The "odd" looking tid-bit in the picture under the weaver rail and past the stock is a CD player remote to prop it up for the pic.

1891/30 Mosin Nagant with NC Star Pistol scope modification (I think also 4x32, which is way not enough for that rifle, but the price was right and the project was fun)!

My M70ABT Yugo Underfolder, Hogue Grip, Cheap (too cheap... I don't like them) Tapco foregrips, cheap (same story.. needs an upgrade to the USA made Aluminum Tapco foregrip) UTG foregrip, UTG 270 lumen (I think... It's bright) flash light and mount (which I really do like), Yugo Bayonet and Mag..

Then the Yugo again with a drummie and the stock folded with no bayonet... It's sitting on top of essentially a microwave in that picture (no length compensation problems for me!) and the playing cards show how short that full on 7.62x39 rifle is... Clearing a room isn't an issue. I call him Mr. Yuck.

OH! And one of my latest purchase, my Ruger LC-9 in my giant meat hook. Neat little pistol, but I have a few complaints about it. I'll expand on that if someone wants me to. With the extended factory mags it fits my huge hand like a real firearm would while still being dainty to carry (shown with the stock mag in that picture).

None of the S-12 because its still not converted and I'm embarrassed by that.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10-22_Take_Down.jpg (19.7 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg 91-30.jpg (22.8 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg Yugo_Bayonet_01.jpg (16.7 KB, 213 views)
File Type: jpg YugoAK_01.jpg (15.5 KB, 212 views)
File Type: jpg LC9-001-Resized.jpg (18.0 KB, 211 views)
Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris hall View Post
Several guys I work with have the shields as their CC. They love them and have lots of other pistols to chose from.
I also thought about the compact xd three months ago when I bought a small frame 40 cal. But I shot a Glock 27 and loved it. I had several other glocks, and they are solid guns at that price point.
Bought the Glock 27 and long story short, it got stole out of my wifes truck a week ago. I went today and bought another one.
I lean toward the Glocks, but probably from familiarity. I really don't think of those guns, there is a bad choice.
You could go to a range and rent all three in the caliber you are wanting, and shoot them. You may be able to narrow your choices and have fun at the same time. IMHO