Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Speciaalties R. F. Houtz and Sons

Patton Acres IH Cub Cadet Parts

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Cub Cadets > Cub Cadet Lawn Tractor (LT)

Notices

Old 04-21-2018, 04:26 PM

Angry Another season of frustration with LTX1055

Well, my 6th season with my LTX1055 started (well didn't start) just like all others since I've owned it. At least this year I didn't need to replace front tires again...yet. I only had to buy new throttle cable and box of other maintenance items.of course, even after babying this tractor again it does not start again. Another Lo battery indicator when trying to start even after keeping my exactly 1 year old battery in the house all winter again. Trickle charged over night with no luck. 10 amp charged for several hours no luck. I've always had to use starter fluid to get this piece of crap to start but I can't even get that far this season. It is so frustrating trying to take care of this garage kept, baby, kid gloves treated machine. I am so frustrated watching my grass grow while my neighbors use cheap MTD's to cut their grass year after year. Hell,I even had to replace the factory front tires in season 3! I have very little asphalt and no hard cornering. I have a standard 1 acre residential property. How could anyone recommend these tractors? My old Montgomery Wards tractor last 15 seasons!
Old 04-21-2018, 05:49 PM

You are on a old " American Cub Cadet" site. Most of our machines are 30 plus years old. We don't care for the newer stuff. I just got my 5th 1980's Cub today. With some TLC they will be around for a long time. All of the newer stuff is built mostly for the Box stores and price driven Junk. Sorry for your luck.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:19 PM

Your entry level LTX1055 is a cheap MTD lawn mower, they built your big box store Cub Cadet...

You need to either run the tractor every few weeks when it's stored or disconnect the battery and trickle charge it a few times in the off season just letting it sit is hard on them. Leaving a tractor just sit allows the fuel to mess up the carb also which will cause starting issues, adding fuel stabilizer will help some. Using starter fluid isn't a real good idea and shows you have fuel related issues from letting the tractor sit with old fuel in it.

Your neighbors probably leave their batteries in, add fuel stabilizer and run their MTD's every few weeks or so, that's why they are out mowing. As for your tires they will wear out quick if the toe in/ out setting is wrong and the original tires are cheap. If you replaced them with good tires and made sure the toe in is correct they will last a longtime. Throttle cables should be lubed from time to time also.

Odds are your old Montgomery Wards tractor would cost about twice or more in todays $$$ as much as your LTX1045 did.

It sounds like you need the carb cleaned and rebuilt(leaving fuel sit in it has taken it's toll), a new battery, an alignment and to start performing better off season storage care.

1650DH 54" blade, Xtreme cat-0 3pt, 44" deck, filled 23x10.5-12 Tru-Powers
Old 04-21-2018, 06:22 PM
Grand Member

Cub Cadet has always made very good tractors. Yours is not a true Cub Cadet. It is an MTD lawn tractor.

How many hours does it have? Did you buy it new?

Cub Cadet does not make the tires or battery. If you really don't like that tractor, get a new one.
38" LT mower deck, 4 42" triangle mower decks, 2 44A mower decks, 2 50C mower decks, 42” GT deck, 3 42" snow/dirt blades, 42" landscape rake, #4 cart
Old 04-21-2018, 06:34 PM
Grand Member

Truly sorry of your luck,
MTD makes most lawn mowers now, and they are priced accordingly, to what you receive.
It makes no difference if they are yellow, Green or
red.
Cheap mowers are sold for cheap prices.
The Garden tractors of 30 years ago or more, with mower decks underneath were a lot more robust and cost a lot more,
and a hell of a lot of them are still preforming.
If you are replacing the tires because of tread wear, you need to set the toe in properly and/or check the nylon bushings in the front axle.

As far as the battery, it has nothing to do with an expensive or economy lawn mower.
If you kept it in the house during the winter, and charged it every couple of months for 12 hours with a little trickle charger they almost always last at least 3 years, some lasting more.

Usually the "throw-a-way" economy model mowers produced in today's world have reached maximum life in the 10 year range.
As far as starting with starting fluid, either your carburetor choke is not working or it is needing attention.
Continued use of that will lead to a quick death of your engine's piston & rings.
Old 04-21-2018, 11:27 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcadetssuck View Post
Well, my 6th season with my LTX1055 started (well didn't start) just like all others since I've owned it. At least this year I didn't need to replace front tires again...yet. I only had to buy new throttle cable and box of other maintenance items.of course, even after babying this tractor again it does not start again. Another Lo battery indicator when trying to start even after keeping my exactly 1 year old battery in the house all winter again. Trickle charged over night with no luck. 10 amp charged for several hours no luck. I've always had to use starter fluid to get this piece of crap to start but I can't even get that far this season. It is so frustrating trying to take care of this garage kept, baby, kid gloves treated machine. I am so frustrated watching my grass grow while my neighbors use cheap MTD's to cut their grass year after year. Hell,I even had to replace the factory front tires in season 3! I have very little asphalt and no hard cornering. I have a standard 1 acre residential property. How could anyone recommend these tractors? My old Montgomery Wards tractor last 15 seasons!
Why come here complaining about your "piece of crap" lawn mower?
And to answer your one and only question. Where did anyone here recommend this machine? I don't recall anyone here doing such a thing...

Original's Face Lift thread.http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/s...ad.php?t=34439
(O) Start to Finish video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAoUNNiLwKs
Wheel Around videohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUL-m6Bramk
They can't all be turn key!
Old 04-22-2018, 09:08 AM
Grand Member

Face it, you have LEMON. My suggestion, no insult to your abilities, is to either sell it as is OR take it to a PROFESSIONAL repair shop and have them see why it is not cranking, keeping the battery charged, and why the front tires are wearing out. Personally, I'd dump it and go buy something new from a DEALERSHIP--don't care what brand it is as long as the dealer is reputable and willing to back the machine up. Buy whatever he is selling TONS of, you don't want a bastard machine. Good LucK, hope yo are mowing grass real soon.
124 w/hydraulic lift
782 w/mounted sprayer
2284 w/54" mowing deck
Old 04-22-2018, 10:39 AM
Grand Member

The time to have addressed this situation WAS LIKE 6 SEASONS AGO imho
Old 04-22-2018, 11:18 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubcadetssuck View Post
You own a cheap MTD. MTD made your cub cadet. Nobody here recommended you buy it. Don’t blame somebody else that you didn’t research your purchase.
Either start a thread to diagnose your starting issue( without all the complaints that are in your first thread) or go complain to somebody who cares. Your screen name will get you nowhere on this site.

O,100,72,102,123,104,124,105
(2)2182s w/60in Habans
Old 04-22-2018, 11:45 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry C View Post
You own a cheap MTD. MTD made your cub cadet. Nobody here recommended you buy it. Don’t blame somebody else that you didn’t research your purchase.
Either start a thread to diagnose your starting issue( without all the complaints that are in your first thread) or go complain to somebody who cares. Your screen name will get you nowhere on this site.
I remember a guy with a very similar screen name getting banned from the site last year, probably the same guy just being a troll.
1211 Dual Stick
Pap's 100 restoration thread - http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965

Tags
cub cadets s&$ck.