Only Cub Cadets

PLEASE PATRONIZE OUR SPONSORS!

CC Specialties R. F. Houtz and Sons Jeff in Pa.

Cub Cadet Parts & Service

If you would like to help maintain this site & enhance it, feel free to donate whatever amount you would like to!

Attention Folks we have a new owner!
Greg Rozar AKA- CubDieselFan

Go Back   Only Cub Cadets > Off Topic > General Talk

Notices

Old 05-28-2016, 05:46 PM

I bought a small special screw that holds the headlight bezel on my Triumph. I never got it and contacted the seller. He sent another one right out. 5 months later the original one shows up from USPS. He emailed home and asked if he wanted it back. He said to keep it.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:59 PM
Grand Member

I Guess I'm lucky, I purchased over 450 items off ebay, but never sold a thing.
A very few times, maybe 4, I had to have ebay refund because I never received items.
Craziest thing I had happened is I tried to bid on an item and it said seller was not receiving bids @ this time from me, Ebay tried to fix it but said they couldn't help, some idiot with seller name quietline.
In all my years using ebay, that was a first.

As far as tracking packages many times I hear nothing till item shows up in mailbox then it says "delivered"
or it never says delivered, but item did arrive.
Never had it say delivered and it was not.
But USPS is da gubber-mint, so go figger.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:17 PM
Administrator

quietline is Patton Acres, own of our sponsors. I just deal with Rich directly.
BX2670 with FEL
Old 05-28-2016, 08:09 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleO7 View Post
Do not know about elsewhere but our post person has a hand held scanner.
When they scan when picking it up and scan when dropping it off.

It usually gets in the system but takes forever to show it was delivered.
Every single time the post office picks up, it's scanned. I had parts ship on Friday and I happened to be home when they were picked up. Actually pick up at 10:02 and had email confirmation with that same time stamp by 10:05

I've had terrible tracking from some of my ebay purchases. Quite a few times nothing shows on the tracking other than a label was created and all of a sudden it shows up.

I've ordered tooling and twice it got lost. Both times the seller sent replacement parts out. One of those times the original part showed up. I contacted the seller to let them know I was sending it back but was told to keep the part ( $8 morse taper drill chuck adapter ).

I think either "Mr honest" just plain forgot or somebody at the post office lost it.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:16 PM
Grand Member

Gee Jeff your letter carrier comes early,mine doesn't show up till 3:00
Does the same thing,scans and they show up as a email.

I had one guy sell me spark plugs on peebay with postage due,refused delivery,My rant is over...
Old 05-28-2016, 08:20 PM
Grand Member

You got your money back......so what? I'm sure you'll be honest and inform the seller if you ever did receive the package. No worries! Besides, as bad as USPS tracking system goes, it will eventually show the package delivered if it ever did show up. Seller will know. And so will you.
#2 Cart
QA36 snowthower
Old 05-29-2016, 02:19 AM
Grand Member

Sometimes Roland, they (sellers) will enter into intimidation or bullying tactics to try to save their rating.....though for me that only makes matters worse. He is probably wanting to put up a case for anyone who checks his rating that you are a scammer and that he is entirely innocent. Whenever I read those rebuttals, I am thinking that all the customer wanted was their item. There probably are scammers out there, but most of the time the buyers are lawful people who are legitimately bidding on an item because they need it. He is just trying to save face to his future customers and blame someone else but himself. Intimidation never works on me and to the sensible reviewer, he will be bypassed on any future purchase.

Sometimes, I wonder if some people are fencing stolen items on Ebay or CL. I purchased a DVD collection once and never received it. Opened a claim and Ebay could not reach the seller. Because I used Paypal, my full purchase price was refunded. Call me a skeptic, but I became suspicious that the items were hot and the seller was keeping time at the county hotel, therefore unable to be reached.

I have also had people send me "extras" that were greatly appreciated through my purchase on Ebay, so there are good people out there, as well. Just like we have had mostly good members on this forum, but there have also been some real ringers on occasion. Use caution, but certainly don't judge all of them by a couple of bad meatballs.....Glad things worked out best in your case.

Cub Cadet 123
Old 05-29-2016, 01:50 PM
Grand Member

Roland,
Did you win the auction for "peanuts" maybe?
If yes, he likely decided he was not going to let you have it at that price.
Keep an eye on him for future listings and the same wrench will show up again.

Has happened to me several times.
Old 05-29-2016, 01:58 PM
Administrator

No auction. It was a Buy it Now, and I paid his price.

CC Models: 100, 105, 1450, 782, (2) 784, & 2072

Buy: Made in the USA