View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Mac View Post
Welcome to the EPA world. They are jetted so lean that they barely run at idle. The fact that it runs better with a little choke answers the question. I looked at the carb and don't even see any adjustment possibilities. I guess you learn to live with it or try to find the slow speed jet and take a set of small hobby drills and try to open up the jet a little. Wish I had a better answer.
I have a set of acetylene torch drills and I found the .038" just went in the main jet nicely so I drilled it out with the next bigger size which was .042". The idle jet is a slot in the top of the venturi and I have cleaned that with carb cleaner. Still makes very little difference on the situation. I was told by the local shop that It would be better if my engine had the Two barrel carb on it. Apparently the single barrel's had some built in design problems. I wish I could find an old style carb that had the same venturi size, I wouldn't hesitate to try it. The throttle would be an easy hookup. The governor would be a different story.
Poop on the EPA!!! Ha Ha !