Thread: I'm Bummed
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus1991 View Post
I'd be nice to win, but yeah you'd have more friends than you ever thought! Leaches trying to get money from you! I wouldn't work a regular job anymore. Just in Cubs, tractors or whatever I felt like! Lol it's nice to dream, but it ain't gonna happen. If you did win that, what's the amount you'd be limited to putting into a bank? I thought it was like 1million? Where would you put all that money? I'd be leary of investing all of it or half of it. Probably create more headaches than it would solve.
FDIC only insures an account up to $250K, so you'd have to break it up. Investing is the smart choice. Smart thing would be to play on the commodity markets and buy gold. Real estate is always a good choice but it seems like we are forming another bubble with land. The price of land here is so high that you can't buy any farm ground unless you already own some. It won't make enough to make the payments..... like not even close. No way that price is sustainable, or likely to go up. My fear is soon the price is going to drop and we'll be right back in another depression. Low interest now, yes.... but it doesn't matter if you paid $8K an acre for ground that suddenly is only work $3K.

I'm sure that will stir the pot....