View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 06:08 PM
Grand Member

Default What do I have here?

Fellow came to look at my antique farm equipment today. He brought with a him a load of Cadet implements that he no longer needed. I got 2 blades, a deck shell, mule drive frame, and tub of Lord only know what parts. Best part, I got it at a Lew price, maybe better---It was all free, including delivery and unloading!

So, I have never really paid attention to you guys using blades. But now that I own 2 of them.....
Could someone tell me what these are and what they fit? One has straight mounting brackets, the other has curved ones. Guy thinks they came with either a 14X or a 169 he once owned. Next question, what will they fit--even with modification. I have a 782 and a 124 with no mower decks, but hydro lift that just might look good wearing one of these.

Yes I realize the blades are going to require weights and chains. Any preference over hydro or gear drive.? I may use one to clear the one or two snows we get a year from in front of my garage--thats all the concrete I have. Of course the kid has instant delusions of creating sled runs and 4 wheeler trails. I know they aren't bulldozers, I'm just glad to see a spark of interest in his eye!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2071.jpg (35.1 KB, 476 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2072.jpg (31.4 KB, 475 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2073.jpg (31.6 KB, 479 views)
124 w/hydraulic lift
782 w/mounted sprayer
2284 w/54" mowing deck