Thread: Cadet Model 60
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 10:51 PM

Default Model 60 Resoration Progress Report

Thanks for the ideas about heat to get the handle off. Haven't tried it yet, but we will soon. My 13 year old is really into working on this thing, as am I with him.
We hope to be riding it all around, maybe even mowing with it next spring.

Currently we're stuck on the removal of the steering column due to forty years of crust. We've been drilling out the bolt with the bits we have around. Started small, went big too soon, went back to small, broke a few off but not in. Then today broke one off in the bolt, got it out then broke another one in the hole that we didn't get out. We were less than 1/4" away from the other end too.

So we started small from the other side, came in contact with the broken bit and stopped after spending a few minutes trying to tap the broken bit out without any luck.

So for the looks, here's a couple more pictures. One of the unremarkable stuck rubber handle, and another of the drilling progress.

I've read every single post that Google found with Cadet 60 or Cadet Model 60 or IH Cadet 60 and so on, it seems there's only about 10 people claiming to have one; but that's just the people interested in posting about it.