View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Banned

If I may, I want to clarify what Roland is saying.

When we mods go in and "clean up" the For Sale section, you cannot imagine the time it takes to do this. I know we all (the mods) spend a lot of time keeping that section clean, informative, and making sure all ads have all the necessary info. We do intend to leave "pertinent info" withing the thread. Such as info on the said "for sale" item. But, sometimes in haste and because it takes a lot of time to go through and read all posts that sometimes accrue before we can "moderate" it, it's easier to just delete them all. If we have deleted something that may have been important, I'm sure it was in err more than it was vindictive in nature. Don't take offence, and please remember that when and if a post was deleted, that under the guidelines in the For Sale section, it is clearly stated that "chit chat" is not allowed and will be deleted. But we do try to leave important or pertinent info.

A note to buyers/lookers:
If you have questions about an item in the For Sale section, you can always PM the seller (or get a hold of them through their preferred means of communication) and ask your question. If it is an E-bay, or C-list item, there is nothing stating that you cannot start a thread in the correct section and ask the forum for information. For example: A post in the "implement" section or even in the "general talk" section asking if the plow that is in the for sale section will work on a 782 with a Cat 0 hitch, is fine. But if you just ask the question within the body of the particular ad, expect it to get deleted. We are all about sharing info, but for good reason, it needs to be placed in the proper section.

Hope this helps clear up the issue.