Thread: 122 project
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubcadet View Post
It seems to have enough free play, I adjusted it and now the plates and shaft just about stop, but disc still spins, shifts into gear without grinding, I'll check it later and report back, seemed like it slipped alittle too, but I have since adjusted it.
It's not about having enough free travel it's about having to much. More free travel means less movement on the throw out bearing when you push the pedal down which means less release on the clutch, this might be where your problem is. I've never checked the manual to see how much free travel they recommend but adjusting a clutch isn't exactly rocket science, as long as you have enough free travel to keep the arm from riding on the bearing you should be good. I set mine to between an 1/8" and 1/4" of free travel.

If the clutch isn't fully releasing like you say I highly doubt it's slipping unless you have the shaft assembled wrong, I would adjust the free travel and take it for a spin.
1211 Dual Stick
Pap's 100 restoration thread - http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965