View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
What's to understand??
It's just a simple clutch that has to be spring loaded in order to dis-engage instead of engage.
I don't know. I've never seen a working one, so it was hard to tell what was wrong when I had it all put together. I rebuilt it over 10 years ago, followed the instructions that came with the kit. The issue I has was it wouldn't disengage and it also apparently didn't lock onto the crank shaft. There may have been something wrong with the locking ring. Could have been missing other parts as well, if the instructions didn't mention a part I may not have been aware if it was missing.

I'll have to do some more research when I rebuild it this time. I'm sure there are some good youtube videos or something out there now that I wasn't able to find last time I did it.

It's up at my parents place, so I haven't taken a look recently. I don't expect to have too many issues with it. If I can find a rebuild kit on ebay cheap that may be a good way to go. Last time I think we bought one from Cub Cadet directly and it wasn't cheap.