Thread: 3185 fuel issue
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2015, 05:12 PM

Default 3185 fuel issue

My dad called, and his 3185 hits a bump and it will only run at full choke. I think there is a electrical issue that's affecting the fuel shutoff solenoid in the carb. I have heard you can nip the end off the ones in a Kohler does that work in a Briggs & Statton also?
Also, when he drove over the mound system with it, it lost power and smoked after pulling off the air cleaner found oil in there what would cause that ? Any clues? He is 300 miles away and am doing this over the phone, so be kind guys. He is also 83 years old. My brother is there but he is no mechanic. He said it might have been a little over full on oil but didn't think that much. The fuel thing is intermittent it will do it run only on full choke let it sit three days later it starts and runs fine. might not have problem for days. They have a service manual up there, but apparently have a reading disability, lol... almost as bad a my punctuation disability.