View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 11:58 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart1917 View Post
Thanks for the tip, I've got some Case backhoe wheels to paint if the Irongard Power Yellow I ordered ever comes in. I picked up some of the Shopline hardener but I was wondering what type of reducer you use? And what kind of recoat times does it give you? Thanks
I use PPG DT reducer because it's what i have on hand, any quality reducer will be just fine. How much reducer is dependent on color, some colors in Irongard spray great with no reducer but others require reducer to make them smooth out. I recommend you mix it 6 to 1 and try spraying a small spot, if it goes on smooth then you can continue painting, if it has a lot of texture you can add some reducer to help it flow.

Flash time between coats is dependent on a few factors like air-flow and temp, when painting with single stage i always recommend you wait until the paint is hand slick before putting on another coat, this will keep you from getting run's and will also prevent die-back which is when the paint lose's it's shine once dry.
1211 Dual Stick
Pap's 100 restoration thread - http://onlycubcadets.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47965