View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 08:21 AM
Grand Member

I have heard of "quick change" plugs on various engines being a concern. I Haven't ran into it myself, but have used a few that seemed kind of "cheap". No more than a couple qts of oil would cost, I'd get a new one and change oil again (you can probably skip the filter change, just allow for any oil still inside it). I have also heard of guys just running a long pipe nipple with a cap into the block. Don't know if that would work for you as I don't know if your block has NPT threads. A look into the KOHLER parts book for that engine may tell you what options existed for plugs. What you have may be something "extra" that Cadet had installed. If you do go with a pipe nipple and cap, make sure the tires can't turn (including with the axle at full pivot) and get into it. I have seen a couple mowers with those quick change plugs that barely cleared the frame. Oh, the nipple needs to be long enough that you can hold it with a pair of vise grips so you can screw the cap off--otherwise it may screw out of the engine block. Also make sure no other front mounted attachments you have would ever get into it as well.
124 w/hydraulic lift
782 w/mounted sprayer
2284 w/54" mowing deck