View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 PM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Steve View Post
Walker and Grasshopper ZT mower's used them also along with diesel versions. Refer trucks. Bobcat equipment. Military surplus. Don't rule out E-bay either.
There is a garden tractor wrecking yard nearby (Garden Tractor Heaven) that has several commercial use mowers like the ones listed above. Most have high hours. Not thrilled about putting an engine that seem its better days.

There was a topic a while back about a Cub Cadet 782 with a 3 cylinder Kubota gas engine. I purchase the 782 (with the Kubota gas engine in it) with the hopes of transplanting the engine from the 782 into the 2182. Everything was a bolt in until I tried installing the fan. The fan goes to the rear of the engine. The fan hit the crankshaft pulley. The distance between center line of the crankshaft and the centerline of the water pump shaft on the 2182 is 8 1/2 inches. The distance between center line of the crankshaft and the centerline of the water pump shaft on the 2182 is 8 1/2 inches. The distance between center line of the crankshaft and the centerline of the water pump shaft on the Kubota engine in the 782 is 7 1/4 inches. Engines I check don't have the 8 1/2 inches of clearance that is needed to clear the fan.

From looking at the parts look up the 782 that has the Kubota gas engine in it was a diesel powered 782 at one time. I could use the engine mounting system from the 782....may have radiator hose routing issues. May have hood and grill issues. The battery will have to be relocated in the 2182.

Anyone have any input/knowledge on clearance issues when the radiator is in the front of the 2182?

I check with small engine warehouse. They don't have a repowered kit for a 2182.