View Single Post
Old 01-24-2017, 02:27 PM

PFunk, RBedell & any other interested folks

I finally had a quality conversation with the Indak Switch people today.

They were indeed the original source manufacture for IH back in the days.
So, the Indak Key switch #3A463A was the original part for IH 57 599C1 and the Indak switch #A223A was the original part for IH 57 600 C1. In fact Tom at Indak gave me the IH part numbers once I gave him the information on what my needed use was for. Unfortunately they do not sell to individuals, but only to OEM companies such as IH. They said they are not comfortable selling to "fix it up folks" because of liability issues.

Both parts are no longer in production. In fact, he couldn't tell me when the last time they actually made them, but did say that the last time they shipped any was in 1982. That does not bode well for finding any today except from off of an old unit that is being striped down. I looked at switches that are for either Battery or Magneto systems and none of them provide the correct Circuit connections. Based on the last shipmate of 1982, there must be some other tractors and/or implements that these switches were used on, but I haven't had any success in that search yet. CCC may well have bought the last of the production for service and replacement use. MTD is my next call. Perhaps they have some in stock that they have forgotten they have.

That is as much information as I have been able to find to this date. Tom at Indak said he would look in an "old locker" that contains archived switches and see if perhaps they find any. He is going to call me back about that possibility.

ML