View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 05:53 PM

Default Removing spray paint

I am by no stretch of the definition an "expert" in paint, but I can use some advice.

Several years ago, I purchased a 107 in basket case condition. Got it all put back together, rebuilt the engine, friend of mine went through the rear end with new seals and gaskets. Mechanically its in great shape.

Visually is a different story. At some point, the original paint was covered over by a similar color paint, which has turned very dark. Then someone else did a rattle can job on it with what appears to be lemon yellow. I know its spray paint from the overspray on the frame which they left alone. They did no surface prep and both layers are peeling off, revealing the original paint. I call it "camouflage".

A certain toddler takes all my time and energy, so I can't prep it and paint it properly as I'd like. Was curious about this graffiti remover in a spray can. Was curious if this this would take it down a layer or two and reveal the original paint, or does graffiti remover only work with paint that's so many hours old?

Until then, it'll stay in its work clothes until I get the time for a better paint job, and pick the loose chips off with my fingers.

Thanks for any advice you may have!
1971 Cub Cadet 107
1975 Cub Cadet 1650

2 Brinly Plows, Brinly Disk, Brinly Grader Blade, Brinly Box Blade, 3-42" decks, 1-50" deck, a Sears 3 pt hitch I bought for $20, a couple dual wheel adapters, CW36 & QA36 snow throwers, 1A tiller, and a partridge in a pear tree.