View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniXP View Post
Yea buying another tractor looks like it may be the cheapest route. My PTO clutch is broken too, so I'd need parts for that as well, which look to be fairly expensive. I've actually never had the PTO working, rebuilt it, but did something wrong and it flew off and broke. Would probably help to see one that actually works to understand it better.
You can find the rebuild kits on eBay pretty reasonable. That's usually all that needs replaced on them. But if it wasn't working when you got it, it's understandable it not working when you put it back together, having never done one yourself. I'm the visual learner type too. I can read about it all day long and not understand it, but if you show me how it works, I'll be able to do it a million times afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finsruskw View Post
What's to understand??
It's just a simple clutch that has to be spring loaded in order to dis-engage instead of engage.
I think building and working on computers is simple too. But to those that have never done it, it's like a foreign language. Same goes for the manual PTO on a Cub Cadet.