View Single Post
Old 06-26-2016, 03:06 PM

There is 707 hours on the machine, I bought it with maybe 650ish. Since then, I have replaced battery, Pto Clutch, Voltage Reg. and stator. I did not resurface the heads, which I probably should have. I do not have the same gasket you have in your pictures, all I could find was the metal one. Its been burning oil since about 670 hours, That's about when I lashed the valves .I initially thought it was head gasket so replaced which did nothing. Last week it ran towards the low side of oil so I added oil to the fill cap, keep in mind the engine was still warm, fired it back up and it smoked, Like a automobile that had a major head gasket leak with coolant, the smoke was so heavy it was coming out the exhaust basically white, and dripping on the grass from muffler. My thought was well valve seals must be bad, for oil to be on top of piston. Replaced them, which they are way more tight than the ones I pulled off. Still smokes, just not as bad as when I added the oil. I pulled another compression test, prior to replacing the valve seals, right after the major smoke show. got 145 on one side 165 on other, took engine out, pulled heads one side was full of oil, Hence the 165, I tore the entire engine apart, pulled pistons, crank, everything out to inspect, Everything looked perfect so reinstall and fired up, still smoking, but lungs 145 on each cylinder now. Do you think its possible to have bad rings and still pump 145psi in each cylinder?

Update I just did another compression test, current situation 160psi on 1 cylinder 130 on the other