View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 08:25 AM

I have been looking throught the web and have not found any videos on how to convert a Kohler Magnum 20 or one like it from Vertical shaft to horizontal. I see a few clues and some details but not enough that i feel sure i can do
This. Also i was wondering how people who have done the conversion add mounting brackets to secure the motor to frame.

My curcumstances are this- i have a kohler magnum 20hp horizontal that has a broken connecting rod. So i disassembled it and the crank doesnt look to bad after placing the crank journal in muratic acid. The acid ate the aluminum right off and cleaned it up pretty nice. After using a micrometer both journals come out to be about 1.5005-1.5085. I will double check the measurements with plastigage tomorrow.

Now-I am able to pick up a good running vertical shaft 20hp Magnum. Not sure if i would be better off using this motor and modifying it to be a horizontal motor. So, if i go this route i would like to see a video or pics that better describe the step by step process. Let me know if anyone can add links amd addition information.

Thanks
Jay