View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 03:02 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHCubCadet147 View Post
I want a cub with a loader. Probably not soon, but I just want you get some ideas.

1. Can a loader be run off the transmission without an extra hydraulic pump?
2. Are there any loaders that attach to any tractors without much modifications?
3. Would it be difficult for someone who knows almost nothing about hydraulics to make one work?
4. Would it be better/cheaper to buy a tractor and loader and put it together myself, or get a tractor with a loader already on it? I know the price depends on a lot of things, but I'm just trying to get an idea.
Leaving all the other chatter behind,

I think you'll need a separate hydraulic pump. The charge pump on the hydrostat will make for a very sluggish loader.

Most will require some mods, but I think you can find someone to help you make them if you really want to do that. Don't let that discourage you.

Everybody has a first time working with hydraulics. You can learn. A loader project would teach you a lot.

Finally, it would certainly be simpler to find a tractor/loader already complete. But you would not learn as much and it would cost more. On the other hand, if you have no help to install one you might struggle. You'd learn a lot, but it might get frustrating, so it depends on your dedication. If you REALLY want one, then installing one you buy could be a great learning experience.

I have a loader on a kubota SCUT and it's very handy. But it's kinda a different animal than you are considering. Loaders for Cub Cadets are kinda collector items so they are expensive. If you want a CC with a loader it may cost more than another brand SCUT with a loader. And, due to size, less capable. But perhaps more fun!!

Good luck in your search!