View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 01:16 PM

J-Mech and Ironman, Thanks for the replies. You are correct the hydro unit works fine. It is the gearbox that is shot. Ironman is spot on regarding the part numbers. I purchased 4 of them from HG 2-3 years ago, and they were an exact replacement for the originals. One of the originals had split in half...
I agree that the grease had to have leaked out. No denying that! However, the leak was so slow, it was never noticeable. Never was there spots under the rear where the tractor got parked. And keep in mind, this tractor was used at least once a week for nearly 30 years. My concerns are that while I can easily see the problems with the input gears, I would bet they are not the only parts that are worn out. Ironman, Iclicked on the link you sent, but cannot find anything but normal maintenance items for the 1320. If you can send me a link to an exploded view of the gearbox, I will be happy to point out the gears that are shot. I have the diagram here somewhere, but cannot put my hands on it. Thanks!