View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 11:02 PM

Default PTO Clutch Issues with 1620 (or pto switch)??

I rec'd a call this evening from my brother-in-law regarding his recently acquired 1620. He tells me all components of the unit work fine to begin with. After he mows for a while, approx. 15-20 min, and he disengages the PTO clutch while either backing up or moving to the next part of his yard, the PTO clutch will not engage again with the switch. He states if he allows the engine and PTO clutch to cool down for an hour or so, the PTO clutch will function as it should. However, the problem exists during the same day as well as if he were to return the following day.

I have not seen this machine other than a simple text photo and have no hands on experience with it. With that being said, I am coming here as I trust the knowledge and feedback I get from members here to give me an idea of "what to look for" considering I have never encountered this issue before on my units.

Any suggestions or repair knowledge anyone would be willing to share would be appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Aaron

'83 782 #723927
****original KT series 1 engine
****added dual hydraulics from older, donor 782
'04 SRC621
'95 Magnum (M18S) spare engine
****spec 24646
****s/n 2507913316