View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmx43 View Post
I got two 13 fin bare blocks one narrow base and one wide base. the narrow base cc engines is bored 30 over. am I correct they can be bored larger?what would be the best way to go about building a pulling motor? im guessing a vm or mwsc crank , rod, piston assembly.
Depends. You said "stock" puller in the original thread. While all the big boys like MWSC make excellent products, it's not necessary in a beginner tractor in a stock class to go crazy with the higher dollar parts. Like Don said way back near the beginning of the thread, start small and work your way up. Motor is only about 1/3 of the set up of a pulling tractor. All the power in the world is no good unless you can get the power to the ground. Weight distribution/balance, gearing, driveline/clutch are all areas that will need to be looked at. Overbuilding wastes money, and could add unnecessary weight.

The biggest thing is, it's hard to give any advice unless we know what the rules are......
We can recommend a lot of things, but if the rules don't allow for it, then we wasted our breath.

The wide base block won't work in the CC without a lot of mods (welding and grinding).
Unless someone else makes them, .030" over is the largest overbore you can get. That's really far enough I think. I think there are some .040" over pistons out there, but not sure if there is for the 341. If it's junk at .030" over, you can sleeve it back to stock.