Thread: unsecured site
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 09:07 AM
Grand Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_lancealot View Post
But how many people really use a different password for every website they log into?
Probably not a lot. I know where I work, we have a strict password policy for logging in to company resources, and people use stuff like June2017! to satisfy the requirements... This is the problem with using the same password for everything too, if you have an email account, a paypal account, or even a bank account attached to the same email account and using the same password for all things, once someone gains access to the email account by guessing or hacking the password, they can see emails from PayPal and bank accounts, and go right to those sites and try the same password, and voila... trouble ensues.

I'm a guy who works in the IT field, and even though it is my chosen career path, for the most part I think the internet should have been "strangled in its crib", because for every one good thing the internet provides, there are probably at least 10 bad things that come with it. No thanks to Al Gore for inventing it...

We get audits every year from outside to satisfy PCI compliance and they ALWAYS find vulnerabilities and we have to patch them, because the hackers are ALWAYS one step ahead. It's a real pain in the but really.
#2 cart
GREEN 314 with integral sleeve hitch, H2 and independent brake upgrade from a 317, and front hydraulic blade, 48" deck