Thread: Big Changes
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2015, 05:50 PM

Default Big Changes

I hope this is the right place to put this. I haven't been on any forums much lately because of everything going on.

I had been looking at a new venture, but had decided against it for several reasons. Then a couple weeks ago, I got my life straightened out with God. I felt that I was supposed to pursue that venture and when I did, some of the things that held me back started falling in place.

Next week is my last week at the place I've worked for 6 years. One week ago I brought home what I truly believe God guided me to get for this next job. 2015 Dodge 3500 crew cab, dual wheel, 4x4, Cummins, with goose neck and bumper hitch. There are some features on that pickup that I didn't think were necessary, but have since found that they could be needed on some loads. God Knows what we need whether we do or not.

Right now,I don't know where my first load is coming from, and that is a little scary after buying that pickup and quitting my job (this is my last week). I have always held a tight control on my life and work, and I know that is why I've always had trouble staying right with God. I firmly believe He guided me to do this to learn how to trust Him.

I have only taken a half dozen Sundays off in the last 3 or 4 years. From now on, I'm not working any Sundays and I'll be going to church.

After saying all that, there is more going on that is making us trust God even more. My wife found out that she has cancer again (3rd time). They caught it very early and are very positive about treatments knocking it down, but as several of you know, it isn't something that anyone wants to go through. Don't know when her first treatment is yet.

My wife seems to be handling all this better than me. I'm alternating between scared and numb, but still trying to support her as much as I can.