Thread: A like button?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob200521 View Post
I know we'll never see this feature added/implemented here but for some reason I still feel like speaking on it. The "Like" button is just a name, a rose by any other name kinda thing Some sites call it "Like", some sites call it a "Credit" button, some call it "reputation", heck some sites even call it a "Brains" button but the point is that it can help reduce clutter and help people find answers quicker. If they are scrolling through a thread on a topic they are researching and see a specific post that has a bunch of credit or reputation, that may help them find an answer quicker. If implemented via the "Reputation" route, it would also help newer people to pin down the members that are knowledgeable by a high reputation rating. I agree, stay away from Facebook for this site but this feature wouldn't be a bad one to think about
Nope, not sold on the proposal. This site is about as simple as it gets. The search feature is pretty straight forward and simple. Do we actually care that much if someone likes your post? Either they do, or they don't.

What makes everyone feel they have to put their personal "like" for other's posts? Why do we care?

As far as a new poster seeing who has a high reputation....how will that help? It's always the same smart guys on the site who chime in for advise anyway. JMech, Sam Mac, Roland, Yosemite Sam, JeffinPa etc etc.

Like buttons are for kids who need to feel empowered...like they have a say in the world. Not here. Just sayin.